Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's me climbing out of the shadows , finally.Been lurking off and on for several years.
Bit about me...
I own/run a window install company with my brother and 5 employees doing strictly existing residential houses.With all the rebates and tax credits here its all we can do to keep up(hopefully it lasts):thumbsup: I've been doing the installs for about 10 yrs and previously did renos on houses.I love digging into an old house and seeing how it was built or how someone messed it up.:eek: I was bored stiff with new construction and Commercial work was too up and down.I'm always trying to learn a better way or improve on whats done. I get frustrated with hiring new employees , it seems I get one good one with every five I hire/fire. I discovered I prefer to hire a completely inexperienced guy with a good attitude and teach him/her on the job how to do it my way than get someone "experienced" that I have to fight with to get it installed my way.:censored: I know I may be silly but if my name is on the line and I have to cover the warranty I get picky:rolleyes: We grew from one pickup ,no employees to three Isuzu cubes and five employees but can't seem to get past having to be on each and every job.
So thats a brief me and will probably show more from behind the curtain later.

·
Finishing Carpenter
1,332 Posts
Welcome skipdow! you'll find some good advise on this board. I am also noticing the uptick in business, ie: the tax credit.

I wonder what'll happen when that runs out in ? Feb? and the new HST tax kicks in July 1. Some things are going to be taxed as early as May!!

I'm holding off buying a new truck till after July, I want to see what happens to business then.

enjoy the rain!

Laurie.

www.lauriescustomfinishing.ca

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcomes ...
Mrmac204- I'm hoping they will extend it. What amazed me earlier this year was when the BC gov canceled their grants I thought for sure it was going to die off but business doubled:eek:
It seems everyone heard the provincial grants were canceled and rushed to get new windows because they were worried the federal grants would disappear too:rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts