Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,965 Posts
If Scooby comes with the second van, I'll buy it.;)

Of course I'd have to junk the van and keep Scooby.:laughing:

·
Registered
Remodel
31,114 Posts
Collecting or work? Or maybe fun?

I'm not a big fan of dualies, but that's me. Rust doesn't scare me too much, you learn to live with it around here.

·
Punching above his weight
12,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There's really nothing I could do with that Scooby Doo shaggin wagon, though I can dream.

It's finally time for me to get an actual work truck instead of driving around in a Jeep Cherokee which only works most of the time. Fitting tools isn't a problem but I have to have drywall delivered and I look like a complete a-hole with anything longer than 8' tied to the racks. I mean, it can do 16' lumber, but it's quite a spectacle.
Been putting it off for years because I can't legally park a commercial vehicle on the street in my town overnight, and I can't park for long periods during the day unless it's a commercial vehicle. Huge pain in the ass which means that I have to find a garage space to rent. Basically means a ~300 yearly and ~200 monthly cash flow loss for me. Oh well. That's what I get for living in a city.

·
12,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm pretty sure they tow you into the Hudson if you do that. It'll only take one day of me forgetting to switch back to get thrown into the gulag.
They nailed a trucker who had a push button plate flipper recently on the GWB. Massive massive fines.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Exhaust fan above the bed no leaks!, Say no more, shag carpet (do i make you horny) thank god craigs list is free , But this time of night its still a two drink min.

·
12,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've put so many miles on 250's that they feel like home. I don't know that I could drive anything else. I'm sure I'd get used to a Chevy, but....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts