Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into getting one of the pneumatic or electric vacuums to clean up used media and such after we are done blasting. Any suggestions?

·
Todd
848 Posts
i bought a hafco vac 55 gallon dual venturi vacuum head and made a custom silo with a tapered bottom and a ball valve with fork lift slides on the bottom and park in my booth vacuum up my media and when blasting i park it over my blast pot and open the valve and let it gravity feed down through a surface tek funnel through a perforated steel peice of sheet metal for a screen to remove all the foreign debris...works well...i do go through floor tools...like the tube on the top half...it wears out due to the amount of abrasive traveling through it.i will post pictures as i am on my way out of town for a few days.total investment around $3300...

i had the dual venturi option added tal to john rodriguez if you call super helpful and hooks you up with demo models if available
http://www.hafcovac.com/store/index.php/products/55-gallon-vacuum-head-only

·
Banned
574 Posts
panderson2414

Idustrial vaccums Ixonia wisconcin. I am looking into this company. I have met a guy who has them. They are very dangerous. I was standing by one of his rigs when a schedale 12 pipe blew. It would have killed a person if they were next to it. I want to get away from shuveling sand these vac seem to be the best you can also try vec u loader

·
Todd
848 Posts
my vacuum would most likely fill the filter with the soda and then just start bypassing the tank and dump it out the exhaust and into the air...i am not aware if soda is reusable or not...i have a 55 gallon drum of used so if it is i would like to know...i would guess it has not cut left once used.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts