Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I m using BM,DMT urethane gloss enamel, Super Spec. I hardy ever use oil, and Im more of a artist, and decorative painter, Im having some issues with roping, if I add more paint theres dripping, also it dries fairly fast, and clear states this product shouldnt be thinned. Does anyone have any constructive suggestions? Thank you it would be appreciated.

·
30 year novice
547 Posts
Not sure what you mean by roping. I do find polys are touchy when they start to set. Sounds like you're using a melamine, best advice is lay it on fairly thin with your final brush strokes pulling up, you have to be fairly quick and don't continue to play with it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Roping,brush marks. Thick or thin its drying to fast and I can still see brush marks. Normally I would think paint but its specifically says not to....maybe I do test. Thanks for reply

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
What are you applying it on? What type of brush are you using? That type of paint is usually for commercial areas where appearance isn't priority but rather durability. For the smoothest finish you need an ox hair brush and work quickly. Oil based finishes is all I worked with everyday for 10 years.

Other than clean up sucks I miss oil base finishes.

·
Registered
Remodel
29,649 Posts
Normally I can get rid of roping by using less pressure, but if I'm having problems with a particular product, I'll retaper the the edges of the roller cover. If done to the extreme, it will leave both edges of your paint track feathered - this is too much taper.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts