Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
User
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone using Pinterest to get more website traffic and leads?

We've setup a few clients with accounts and a bunch of them are seeing large spikes in website traffic - no viable leads yet, but the number of people using it (Pinterest) seems to be growing by the day.

It's perfect for remodelers and any other types of services that can be marketed visually (flooring, roofing, windows, doors, driveways, etc.).

Would love to hear if others are having success with the site.

·
Registered
120 Posts
My wife just joined and thats all I hear about. All of her friends are on it and everyone from her facebook is on there. What did you set up for your clients?
Is it an ad or something crafty that they do? I have never been on the site and from what I understand it is for craft ideas.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I agree with Ben that there's a lot of potential here, especially for contractors who share photos of their best work. A kitchen remodeler, for instance, can show not only the finished remodeled kitchen, but separately show off the shiny new appliances, counters, cabinets, faucets, sinks -- every element that can have a "Wow, I want that!" factor. ;)

Here are a couple of great articles with more info about using Pinterest:

56 Ways to Market Your Business on Pinterest
(Be sure to read the comments, as well.)

How and Why to Use Pinterest for Business

Note this line from the Pinterest Terms of Service : "... solely for your personal and non-commercial purposes." So, as with other social media tools, you can't just get on there and start selling your products & services. But as the above articles explain, you CAN benefit from using this service. (Assuming you have the time to add yet another thing to you "To Do" list!)

·
www.magicpoolservices.com
831 Posts
Is anyone using Pinterest to get more website traffic and leads?

We've setup a few clients with accounts and a bunch of them are seeing large spikes in website traffic - no viable leads yet, but the number of people using it (Pinterest) seems to be growing by the day.

It's perfect for remodelers and any other types of services that can be marketed visually (flooring, roofing, windows, doors, driveways, etc.).

Would love to hear if others are having success with the site.

Thanks Ben. Just got our invite today.
We look forward to setting it up.

Chris

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I think if you were in a business that ships its products nationwide that it could be a very good thing. Say you sell flooring; you could get lots of pictures out there and when someone pins one of your pictures it can lead them into your website where you sell the flooring. I have yet to really see a way to gain new business locally, but I am sure their are ways to do it. I signed up for it a few months back, but really haven't had the time to really explore. I do know that a lot of people are making money off of it by syncing it with google ad words and amazon.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I thought pinterest was a no commercial business place.
That's also what I picked up from another source. It had something to do with some recent copyright lawsuit or some such thing. I've come to believe that it's their way of covering their own tails, particularly since they apparently also claim that pins become their property.....even if you choose to leave, they still own the content.
That's my understanding anyway......

1 - 20 of 52 Posts