Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I design and build large scale water features (sometimes for swimming pools) but now for the first time we need to remote control some valves.

So I have no problem figuring out how a motorised valve actuator does its job, it replaces the hand I have previously used to twist a valve open/shut or up/down.

The problem is I have no idea how to control such a device. Al I want is the ability to link it to a switch, so that in one switch position the valve opens, in another it closes again.

I have used smaller solenoid valves before which are either open or closed by default, and simply completing the circuit forces the opposite position. But how do I achieve the same with a motorised valve that I assume needs a power connection and some sort of signal sent to operate?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.