Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Has anyone installed one of these yet, I was told today that same guy that designed schluter system did this one after leaving schluter. Except he had made some mistakes in the schluter system which are rectified in this one, such as the gradient of the pan and also the curb height.
I was all set to give one a try after, listening to all the smoke so said I will take a rectangle offset drain. To which they said we don't have any. So I left with the schluter kit…..

·
Orlando Car
1,636 Posts
I was given a free kit to try out and give me feed back... Here im just dry fitting .. I liked it alot.. Very simple .. More than the orange stuff...

Attachments

·
Business Owner
242 Posts
Im not impressed with how the drain goes in, it seems like a much greater PITA than the Kerdi drain. I think including both an ABS and PVC connection is a good idea though, Other than that its a complete copy of the Schluter Shower System, always good to see a little competition.

·
Hair Splitter
18,333 Posts
I was given a free kit to try out and give me feed back... Here im just dry fitting .. I liked it alot.. Very simple .. More than the orange stuff...
How is it different from the orange stuff?

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
I'm waking up an old thread - I just received a marketing e-mail for the Durock shower pans. Apparently one can order a custom pan, and get it in "a few days." I haven't been using the pans from Schluter, etc., because I'm never putting a shower in a standard space. I'm tempted by this offer.

Any thoughts? Has anyone used the Durock pans, custom or standard sizes?

·
Pro
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm waking up an old thread - I just received a marketing e-mail for the Durock shower pans. Apparently one can order a custom pan, and get it in "a few days." I haven't been using the pans from Schluter, etc., because I'm never putting a shower in a standard space. I'm tempted by this offer.

Any thoughts? Has anyone used the Durock pans, custom or standard sizes?

Do you have a Instagram account. Orlando (floormasta) has used it and talks about the USG Shower System .

1 - 20 of 20 Posts