Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Because all the roofers that did this are now unemployed that's why you don't get these tear off roofs

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

·
Pro
2,138 Posts
Carrying shingles up, before anything is dried in.

Mapes!

It's all fun and games 'till the first rumble of thunder...

image-1461043066.jpg

P.S.:

Not to offend any of you guys up North, but the sound Canadian to me.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Carrying shingles up, before anything is dried in.

Mapes!

It's all fun and games 'till the first rumble of thunder...

View attachment 115018

P.S.:

Not to offend any of you guys up North, but the sound Canadian to me.
Being Canadian, I bet that's almost as 'dried in' as shes getting.
Stupid to hump them to that ridge, just more climbing. Plenty good cleats to leave them on.

·
Pro
2,138 Posts
PatChap said:
Being Canadian, I bet that's almost as 'dried in' as shes getting.
Stupid to hump them to that ridge, just more climbing. Plenty good cleats to leave them on.
Disclaimer:

I know this debate has gone on before:

It still amazes me that roof felt is optional "in you're neck of the woods".

For us down here, where the sun never shines, running new felt, is part of "drying in".

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
lets see- the guy with the camera hasn't put on drip edge, ice gaurd, underlayment AND he is too stupid to arrange for roof top delivery of the shingles???????????

shouldn't this thread be titled "useless employers"?

guy seems like a real azz------
assign an inexperienced kid to a task the kid is not physically prepared to----and what can be a dangerous task at that----with out safety gear------and then film the procedure while ridiculing the kid??????
that's "leadership" right there. (not)

Stephen

·
Problem Solver
24 Posts
Thanks for posting - made me feel better about the help I have been able to hire lately and reminder "it could always be worse"... lol

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Stephen you just took all the fun out of that video bro. But you're right. Sort of. Looks to me like the kid wanted to be there and help.. prob trying to earn a few bucks. I mean, all that pu$$y had to do was get em to the ridge. The hard part is getting up the ladder. STILL it was a task too big for him, he prob got demoted after this video to trash pickup on the ground. Or wait.. that's kind of a promotion anyway the rest of what u said... yes I totally agree.

And I still would have liked to see him fall.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts