Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this sander for sale. Im not familiar with it anyone know if this is a good price? $800
12” disc 6” belt sander model 31-710 mobile base 230 volt 2 HP

Plant Wood Table Milling Tool

Wood Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Gas

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im sure it a good sander just wanted to know about price/value Im looking for a sander. Couldnt find any comparisons on internet

·
Registered
660 Posts
I always wanted to be about 1/2 price of new when buying used. Rockwell/ Delta is a quality sander. I used my edge sander a lot more than my sander of this type. But it took up a lot more room along with the stroke sander. So yes it is a good deal if you are needing to sand end grain and small pieces.
Quick guide is to compare to grizzly, jet ,powermatic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 Posts
With the supply issues you may be blessed to get it. My tool supplier is having a hard time getting equipment in. You can check on IRS auctions. Industrial recovery service

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I am keeping my eyes open for a used 12 1/2" planer, DeWalt preferred. This is for my wood working hobby and so used just makes sense to me for the limited use it will get. Used planers are running near 90% the cost of new. Crazy!

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
dust collection is set-up on it .just hook your DC hose on . i love my 12 disc but i wish the disc were easier to change . if you want it -get it .yeah they might come cheaper but this on looks in great shape . just bring it home .

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
If you have enough room for footprint, I would opt for an edge sander vs disc. It is easier to use, cheaper for abraisives, is capable of more sanding operations, and will give better results.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I make the decision to buy a sander but it's the high price. I find some cheap belt sander then I found on the internet about Dewalt dwe6411k sander and its price is so low that's are fits me. Your sander is so nice when I have made some price then I will wish to buy this saw.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts