Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Wood Craftsman
7,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are any of you familiar with uploading a "profile picture" I shrank the picture down to the required size 200 x 300 pix. Still responds "upload failed" :rolleyes:
any suggestions
thank you

·
Wood Craftsman
7,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Framer Dude ~

thanks a bunch~ or I should say "crunch"~ Cause thats what i am gona be doing with this picture ~ and it's not going to be pretty!:w00t: :clap:

·
Wood Craftsman
7,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK~ what's up with this

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing. :furious:

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

I even went down to 80x80 pix 368kb ~ I don't need to be hit in the head:bangin:~ something is definitely wrong

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,985 Posts
Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing. :furious:

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

I even went down to 80x80 pix 368kb ~ I don't need to be hit in the head:bangin:~ something is definitely wrong

Refresh (F5) and press Enter.

Reactions: PrestigeR&D

·
The Duke
14,746 Posts

LOL, OK Prestige. I'm gonna pick on you. Right in the User CP, under "edit avatar" down at the bottom it says

"Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 100 pixels or 100.0 KB (whichever is smaller). "

You need to get your avatar picture 100x100 and 100 KB and under. Your avatar is at 368kb. It won't go. You need to adjust your pixel x pixel and your pixel per inch I believe.

Hang in there, you're not crazy. I think we all went through the "WTH????" stage.

·
Wood Craftsman
7,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thanks Framer dude,

Well,
size ~(sorry electric dude, I'm working on the (~) 80x80pix , 3.68kb that is the exact specs on the avatar So what now , turn the boss off and kiss the lights good by- I give up Seriously!:censored:

Appearently even after it said "upload failed" it went through ~:clap:

Thanks Guys!

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,985 Posts
Is the image a bitmap (.bmp) and not something else, like a .jpg or .gif?

Reactions: PrestigeR&D

·
Registered
352 Posts
Ok, looks like I found it.

Very nice.
What's the length between centers?
Do you find you use the carriage more than a standard tool rest? Do you find it useful enough for wood turning to only buy a lathe with the carriage? Until recently I've only seen those on metal lathes

I was thinking of getting an older lathe but I don't have nearly that kind of room.

Bob

·
Registered
352 Posts
WarnerConstInc. said:
What the hell?

You need to work on complete sentences and punctuation B.
Huh?

I mean, please explain!

Are you referring to all the times my iPhone changes words because my thumbs are the size of three keys? I usually don't catch that until it's sent. I can't find any option on my phone or iPad to edit the f-upped post so there it stays.

I guess I should refrain from posting until I get in front of my computer then.

Bob

·
Registered
352 Posts
WARNING:
The following is posted using big thumbs on a small phone. Read at your own risk!

Darcy,

I think I figured out where you're coming from.

My first post in this thread (that I dug up) doesn't make sense on it's own.
In another thread I was asking about information on prestige's lathe. I posted on a couple of his threads while I was searching then I finally found this one. Eureka!!!

I figured Brian would know what I meant by the post.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Bob

1 - 20 of 26 Posts