Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I live in south california, and I would like to know what are the standar electrical code for upgrading the main electrical breaker panel?
I am planning to hire a profesional electrician. However; I want to ask a few question about electrical code before he start the job. I do not want the inspector to come back so many times. Now in days anybody can call them self a profesional. i want to upgrade to 100 amps panel. I would to know what number wire to use from the service entrance to the panel? what ground wire number to use for a 100amps. what type of pipe rigid or EMT and what size? ground rod how deep it should go, and where part of the house should be installed? last but no least, how it will be better to install the panel flash to the wall or mount it on the wall and why? it will be nice if you quys can help me on this one or at least tell me if there is any web page.

Thank you so much.

·
DGR,IABD
9,683 Posts
Whew! You probably didn't realize that you're asking someone to write a small book for you. You can find those answers here by someone who has already written that small book.

If you have any questions that aren't covered by that article, I'd be pleased to answer them for you. That link should clear things up for you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The best thing is you are going to have someone to do this change. Ask for different Electrical Contractors to give you quotes and references ask the local building officials about these Contractors if they are qualified do not ask who they recommend could be legal trouble. But of one question you didn't ask how much clearance you need? So unless it is an emergency take your time and you can feel out the best qualified for your job.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts