Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Up and running

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  hatchet 
Grumpy, Congratulations on making the big jump. I assume that you can winter over. I suggest that you sprinkle a few ads in different places just to keep the company name in front of folks and then start the big campaign about six weeks prior to your expected 'on' time.
Here's an idea that worked very well. My son made a finger puppet in kindergarden, very primitive but colorful and I decided to use it as a logo for the business that I was in at the time (since sold). I did a tradeout for a friend of a friend to tidy it up and burn screens. Another friend in the printed shirt business allowed me to buy shirts direct from his supplier and did the silkscreening. Total cost then was under $3.00 a shirt, everybody wanted them for the cool logo. Don't forget to get kids sizes. Within a month I had walking billboards all over town and the phones were ringing off of the walls.
The cool, centerpiece logo was what made everybody want to wear the shirt. I have 3 of the golf shirts left, personal use, but when I wear one others still ask where they can get one. I should probably start another business just selling those shirts!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.