Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

I think the best hat for Bob's Lawn & Landscape is

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm going for the uniformed look. Ordered them through Aramark. Expected delivery is the 14th.

For a shirt I went with an Olive long sleeve RipStop. Over the left pocket I'm having "Bob's Lawn & Landscape Genesee ID" embroidered in a white thread. Over the right will be my name.

I elected to go with a long sleeve because it's cooler in the summer. It will keep the sun off me and trap a layer of cooling sweat. I think the olive color will last a long time and won't stain too badly.

For pants I elected to go with olive green cargo pants. I carry a lot of stuff with me on a daily basis and the extra pockets will be a real plus. Wallet, keys, eyeglass case, business card holder, cigarettes, zippo, cell phone, measuring tape, SOG tool, Hori Hori, pocket knife, etc. will all have a pocket now.

I elected to go with long pants instead of shorts because I can tuck the legs into my boots when I'm working in tall grass.

My current order is for 3 sets, that'll be enough to tell me if I like them. The cost was $185.00 shipped.

For a belt I'm going with a leather backed, brown canvas faced Carhartt 3 inch wide belt. I'm going to keep wearing my Rocky boots.

Now it's not really a uniform without a cover. So help me choose my hat!

So first up we have the Raffia Lifeguard. It's a very traditional garden hat with a broad brim and high crown.

Next up is the Stetson Santa Fe-Shantung. Sort of a new take on the traditional American cowboy hat. Fun and kind of funky.

Finally we have the Riverz Scout. A waterproof straw hat with a southwestern theme band. A very bold statement in headgear.

Attachments

·
Banned
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is the link to Aramark:
http://www.aramark-uniform.com/q1/shop-aramark.html

This is the link to the shirts:
http://www.aramark-uniform.com/q1/style.html?assort=public_assortment&style=189

You can see what they look like embroidered before you order them. I choose the script font.

The only thing that has me puzzled about the shirts is the cell phone pocket. It's on the left sleeve, so it's perfect for fumbling with your phone, dropping it out the truck window and onto the highway at 65mph.

Is that the kind of hat you wear Charlie?

·
Banned
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
60 views and only 3 votes?

·
Banned
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm going for a fun, stylish and functional look. What would you suggest Modern Style?

·
Registered
910 Posts
I have work shirts from Aramark, but couldn't imagine sticking myself in a "uniform".

There's no humidity in Idaho is there?

·
Multi-tradesman defender
390 Posts
Olive and Olive? How about Olive Shirt, Khaki pants, and the 3rd hat? What color boots?

You are going to look funny in all green?

Now Bob, I have never met you and have never seen a picture of you, but my wife and I have decided you remind us of the brother on Two and a half men.

I tell my wife about your posts, at first they annoyed me, now they are flippin funny to me. Well, with the exception of the whole yard boy one, you really drove me crazy when you said "Dogs pooh, I don't want poo in my yard!"

I am trying my hardest to get over that comment. If you have never seen the show, I think the brother is Alan, let me know if this guy's mannerism's are similar to your's, my wife actually pointed out that you remind her of him and she can usually call 'em right. So if you are really that guy on tv, let us all know.:thumbsup:

Good luck on the uniform.

·
Crash Test Dummy
2,210 Posts
Bob's not uptight enough to be Alan.

I like those shirts. I have pants that the legs zip off below the knees-longs pants when needed, shorts when needed. The only drawback is I don't get to take my pants off in public anymore when i want to change into shorts.

·
Banned
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
you really drove me crazy when you said "Dogs pooh, I don't want poo in my yard!"
The last dog I had I super glued his ******* closed to prevent pooping in my yard. The judge said I'm not allowed to own any more dogs. Apparently theres some sort of law against that.

·
Banned
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You should have seen him squat and strain. That superglue is strong.

·
Painter/Rehaber
399 Posts
Love the shirt. Can't stand those pants. What are you trying to do, blend in with the lawns? The stetson hat is cool.

·
Banned
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I thought if the shirt matched the pants it would look more uniformish. Care to make a recommendation on cargo pants from the Aramark website? Perhaps I can change my order before it ships.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts