Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,674 Posts
Hopefully the last also. We were demoing a kitchen today done by some "drywallers" also. Their problem was using too many fasteners. Some of the corner bead had about 50 screws in it. I always hate the hacks that think by using excessive fasteners, somehow makes their install better.

·
Registered
Remodel
31,141 Posts
LOL, that's how I always do it:whistling

Some of those look like the wall may not be flat, either.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
I think I've told this before but:

When I worked for a small GC, we used hang our own board and hire finishers. They would inevitably b*tch about our hanging jobs, but whatever.

Then on one attic conversation, we told the finisher to hire his own hangers. He got about 12 guys and they hung the thing in like 4 hours. Much worse than what you have. He never complained about them though. Apparently they were the new construction crew he followed.

·
Don
1,322 Posts
Thanks for the laugh also, these guys never tape and plaster it looks like, unless your building massive and multiple homes, then you get a drywall crew, other than that its, Drywall, tape & plaster and 1 coat of primer fix any issues, and spot prime, then you pay..............or do it your self

·
Livin the dream...
6,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is a small cottage on a ski lake. About an hour from my clients home. They have enough money that they built this thing five years ago and never got around to finishing the inside.

HO tried to find a "drywaller" local to the area. The guy hung about half the drywall and then left it. Told the HO he was a "fair weather drywaller." Not sure what that means but they called me to finish the place. I told them this guy was no drywaller.

I'll be taking part of what he got hung down and finishing the hanging properly.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
HO tried to find a "drywaller" local to the area. The guy hung about half the drywall and then left it. Told the HO he was a "fair weather drywaller."
Fair Weather = as long as it's easy he's good, aka square rooms challenge his rockin skill set.

·
Punching above his weight
12,103 Posts
That **** is art.

Seriously. It's trending. Examples:

Aviator Desk from Restoration Hardware

Aviator Wallcovering by Phillip Jeffries

Spencer if I were you I'd try to buddy up with this guy. He's going to be working in some high end homes soon. Hell, I'd try to talk the HO into leaving it like that.

·
Registered
Remodel
31,141 Posts
That **** is art.

Seriously. It's trending. Examples:

Aviator Desk from Restoration Hardware

Aviator Wallcovering by Phillip Jeffries

Spencer if I were you I'd try to buddy up with this guy. He's going to be working in some high end homes soon. Hell, I'd try to talk the HO into leaving it like that.
Good golly, at least caulk those seams:whistling

1 - 20 of 57 Posts