Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like the knowledge and advice from those of you whose informative posts have gained my respect. :notworthy

I joined CT thinking it was a good site to gain leads and for networking to get employment options/opportunities. Since then I have discovered how many construction guys out there have GOOD morals, ethics and have a GENUINE love AND knowledge for our industry. It has revived my belief in our industry and that there ARE "PROFESSIONALS" in our industry and NOT just the MANY F:censored:king hacks I have had to deal with!

I will ALWAYS be grateful to this site to further my knowledge base but my question is this: Has ANYONE else here found employment through CT? By most of the posts it seems EVERYONE is thriving or at least keeping above water in this economy. Am I wasting my time thinking I will find a REPUTABLE company here who is seeking employees? If so what site(s) have worked for those of you who were forced to find work in this economy and didn't "trip" over a bazillion leads? (That seemed to be out there a year ago!:sad:) I have posted on what "seems to be" ALL the ones out there I know of with NO LEGITAMET results.(and YES even crigslist!:rolleyes:)

It seems that when you post a reume in the appropriate section here that F:censored:k heads think it's the time for joking!:furious: other sites APPARANTLY make me out to be an insurance salesman.MLM candidate or wanting to help the deposed king of Nigeria!:rolleyes:

AGAIN...THANK YOU to all the posters with VAST knowledge who have shared through their posts and THANK YOU in advance for any help or guidance you can give me. :thumbup:

·
Tech Geek
2,654 Posts
I would like the knowledge and advice from those of you whose informative posts have gained my respect. :notworthy
I don't know if I fit that category but I'm currently running a job for Jason W. He found me (I found him, whichever)through another forum but it's one of the nicest jobs I've done.

When I tell people I work for a company based in Vermont, running a job in NY, while living in Pa. you should see the looks I get.:blink:

It's ALWAYS followed with the same question......"How the hell did you manage that?":laughing:

I say the same thing.....magic.:thumbsup:

·
Certified Remodeler
3,207 Posts
Yes, good things come from CT. And Jason is a good man so great for both of you.
Most CT posters offer good advice from time to time, the entertainment value is top and even when you disagree with others you find that perhaps your way is best for you, but not the best way.

As for leads or opportunities, I credit a future speaking engagement in large part to my involvement on CT.
Hang in there, the more you post the better your chance for success.

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
I recently placed an ad for carpenters on CT, the only response i got was from Scottish Neil who was willing to work, but unfortunately was not in the USA. So stick with it, alot of it is just being at the right place at the right time. G:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
YES You THREE DEFINATELY fall in that category!!!!!!:notworthy

and Thank you!

and I agree where you are is a Bit to much to drive/swim Gene! (LOL) and I'm looking forward to hearing 'bout the BBQ in the other thread!:thumbup:

·
Professional Instigator
6,872 Posts
YES You THREE DEFINATELY fall in that category!!!!!!:notworthy

and Thank you!

and I agree where you are is a Bit to much to drive/swim Gene! (LOL) and I'm looking forward to hearing 'bout the BBQ in the other thread!:thumbup:
There is a member here BWalley I think he is close to you. Send him a PM and see if he is hiring or knows of anyone looking for employees

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Have you tried the local Home Builders Assoc, NARI, or NKBA chapters located in that area? They might be able to point you to a contractor looking for help, etc...
HBA will try again others never heard of but will look into.Even tried local Union halls.:rolleyes: (I was a shop steward, orginizer and contract negiotiater in an another trade) NOT taking on new members(due to economy) and #2 not to popular in ar ight to work state. seems to be helping plumbers,elevator techs and electricians.

BWalley is about 4 hours south of me and REAL close to where I spent the last 2 1/2 years(NOT good for a relationship when you only get home once every 3 or 4 months:sad:) BUT WILL DEFINATELY give it some SERIOUS THOUGHT!

Other than searching posts (for those that HAVE their location:whistling) is there a search feature on CT that I haven't found for contractor's locations etc.?

Again thanx guys!

·
Matthew Sargent
109 Posts
I met Jason W on here and he was first to shout out to me and welcome me . From that i have landed a job working for him at his house and his job in NY.

·
Registered
301 Posts
A good resource for job hunting is indeed.com. It is easily searchable by location and keyword. Seems to pull info from alot of sources..the online job sites, craigslist, even local papers.

I look at it a few times a month just to see whats out there in a couple of areas.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Have you tried the local Home Builders Assoc, NARI, or NKBA chapters located in that area? They might be able to point you to a contractor looking for help, etc...
GOOD INFO :thumbup: Points me in a new direction with the hope of new prospects.

Thanx again to you and the others!:notworthy

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
:thumbsup:Jason, Dennis and Matt,ive gotten the chance to work with these fine men,:thumbsup: to Greg Di who has recommended me to clients

i cant wait to return the favors someday soon :notworthy

·
Paul
4,120 Posts
I have landed several jobs as a result of my involvement here. Some good, some not so good, but nevertheless they were jobs I would not have had an opportunity on without being here.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts