Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this can't be right. It is a reenactment as I pulled it apart before I realized what was going on. The names and places have been changed to protect the innocent. :whistling

Attachments

·
Registered
12,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What's the black wire going to?
It's plugged into one side. It was a bit tight and I didn't want to break it. :whistling

Got the polarity right. :thumbsup:
That's only because I pulled it apart and installed it the correct way. This guy had no clue how to do it properly. :laughing:

Just needs a little tape:blink:
Funny you mention that. I''ve been on the web all morning and can't seem to find the correct tape for that application. I think it has to be rated for "won't melt when Red Green installs your electrical system" or some thing like that.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
My uncle did some work in a South American country (forget which one) and that's what all the extension cords were. Poke the wire in and jam a little stick in to hold it.

All you need now are some sticks ;)

·
Always Learning
8,721 Posts
My uncle did some work in a South American country (forget which one) and that's what all the extension cords were. Poke the wire in and jam a little stick in to hold it.

All you need now are some sticks ;)
Toothpicks...yeah toothpicks would work nice!

·
Do it right!
329 Posts
i may or may not have done that to power lights during construction just running it to the switch box.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Look man, if that's not up to code, then I'm gonna need an electrician to come rewire my house ASAP
On your way up..... Just for discussion sake... unless you (your home)were wired within the last code cycle, I doubt you are "up to code".

You may be not in violation of code, as much of your wiring may be grandfathered under older (less strict) code.

Code progessively makes things safer, and safer is a subjective term/evaluation....ever changing/increasing at the NEC's discression (and the very justification/reason for their job security....

Seems to me that electricity (while inherently dangerous) but has not changed alot since ole Ben flew a kite.... yet we keep getting new NEC regulations.... were they too dumb to think of those regs 50 years ago....

Yes, material changes have necessated some of the new regs,....

But I guess I'm just saying that I think the NEC is sometimes just justifying/perpetuating their existance with new regs (increasing safety very nominally and subjectively... and somewhat an intrusion and needless cost to our sparkies and ultimately to our consumers.

Just digging dirt here.....

Best to ya.... I do agree with you entirely as to correctingt the above referred to defects.

·
90%-er
1,438 Posts
MTN, you reminded me of those old Dennis Miller sets: "Now I don't want to go off on a rant here"

Good stuff. Anyway, your point is interesting and well taken, although I would also agree that the overall system of codes is on average a good thing that contributes mightily to the general welfare, even if it overshoots the mark sometimes

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
MTN, you reminded me of those old Dennis Miller sets: "Now I don't want to go off on a rant here"

Good stuff. Anyway, your point is interesting and well taken, although I would also agree that the overall system of codes is on average a good thing that contributes mightily to the general welfare, even if it overshoots the mark sometimes
Agree with ya bubba :thumbsup:.... Still like to ***** though...;) the regulatory commisions won't listen/repond.:clap:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts