Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
13,160 Posts
Nice NM cable in that sealtite. :rolleyes: .......
In the bottom left? I'd say it's EMT. If it had NM in it, there would be two whites tied together, not a black (from the EMT) and a white (from the NM).

..........Assuming this is an A/C disconnect why is there even a neutral run?.......
Hot tub. Looks like 6 or 8 to me..... definitely not 10. If it is an AC, it's a big one.

·
Electrical Contractor
2,411 Posts
The bottom left is definitely one of those pre-made sealtite whips, and I see 6/3NM going into it.
It looks to me like the black THHNs are coming from the EMT on the right.

Good point about the size though. I guess it is a better assumption that it is a tub or something other than a huge A/C condensor. ;)

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
13,160 Posts
The bottom left is definitely one of those pre-made sealtite whips, and I see 6/3NM going into it.
It looks to me like the black THHNs are coming from the EMT on the right.

Good point about the size though. I guess it is a better assumption that it is a tub or something other than a huge A/C condensor. ;)
Yeah, I see it now. I can barely make out the spirals. Looks like that grey Carlon stuff.

If it is a hot tub, I can only hope there is a GFI or two somewhere else in the circuit.

I can't find anywhere in the Code that says you can reidentify a black wire as being a neutral by using ViseGrips, though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.