Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I like Green things
23,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend from Massachusetts dropped this off for me when he came here to get a Greenlee 110 36", 6 roll planer I found for him.

As far as I know it has a fresh motor rewind and new bearings. I just want to get it wired up, stock feeder mounted and my 16" rip blade installed.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
24,654 Posts
You gonna kick those kids bike outside to make room for more iron?:whistling..:laughing::laughing:

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Do you keep all of these machines ? sell them after refurbishing them? or trade them for other ones?

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
I think you are suffering from cast iron addiction. At least it is cheaper then some other addictions....like flying airplanes, restoring steam engines or cars.....whatever.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
It very well may be, I am going to give it a whirl full time when my wife graduates nursing school this December.

I do throughly enjoy it.
Are you looking forward to retirement in December?

·
I like Green things
23,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Where the heck do you find parts for those works of mechanical art?
I have bought whole machines for parts before. There are parts out there, if you look hard enough. Also, it pays to have a good machinist.
Most things can be made at what I consider a reasonable cost.

There are a couple parts for this saw that are almost unobtainable without buying a whole other saw to get parts, mostly the miter gauges.

·
I like Green things
23,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Got two saws moved out, played musical saw with the Whitney 77 and the 495 for a while, but they are both sat in place, drops wired up and the 495 runs like a champ.

Needs the feeder mounted and I will soon have a few more blades for it and the Whitney, both 1 1/4" arbors.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts