1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The Deck Guy
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
I eat sawdust.
3,975 Posts
Very nice work. I can't say I've ever noticed a double picture framed deck before :eek: is it because of the two-tone and the posts would be halfway on each colour otherwise?

I really need to try and push selling at least the step lights. I bet they look awesome at night.

Ever take any photos of them on at dusk?

·
The Deck Guy
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is it because of the two-tone and the posts would be halfway on each colour otherwise?

I really need to try and push selling at least the step lights. I bet they look awesome at night.

Ever take any photos of them on at dusk?
Yes and yes. Go look at my gallery and you'll see some that were quasi-dusk.

·
Custom Builder
7 Posts
You do fine work Greg, very clean finishing all around. Have you ever had issues with the bench seating being considered a step up hazard by inspectors? I've avoided benches for the most part because to meet code I'd need to have a railing that sits 42" above the top of the bench... Could be a difference in code, but I thought I'd seek your valuable insight.

·
I eat sawdust.
3,975 Posts
You do fine work Greg, very clean finishing all around. Have you ever had issues with the bench seating being considered a step up hazard by inspectors? I've avoided benches for the most part because to meet code I'd need to have a railing that sits 42" above the top of the bench... Could be a difference in code, but I thought I'd seek your valuable insight.
If the deck is below 2' you don't even need railings.

Most of the time if it's under 2' and not physically attached to the house it is considered Landscaping and you don't even need a permit or inspections.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts