Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a few pics of this job in other threads but here is the whole thing so far. The builders schedule is pretty loose so we have t been on it more than three days at a time. Its killing me to drag it out but we've been helping other crews push on their houses. We started dec 20th

Text Line Drawing Pattern Architecture

Text Drawing Line Sketch House

Drawing Text Sketch Line House

Text Drawing House Line Architecture

Text Plan Map Schematic Parallel

Text Plan Map Schematic Design

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Roof Construction Home Beam House

Thats all i have for now. Its pretty much been cold and snowy every day except for one or two. It makes for a fun time sheathing thats for sure! At least the leaf blower is getting a work out. Mon and tues are calling for wind chills of -20 to -45f so it doesnt look like we'll be out until at least wed afternoon. I think i can have it done if we get 6 full days but i doubt thats going to happen. We have a Parade model home we are supposed to start on feb 3, good thing its for the same builder and they understand the weather crunch

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It was getting towards the end of a friday and we were expecting heavy snow. Rather than start to sheath and have to shovel on monday, we nailed up the girders on a flat surface to pass the time.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
It looks like the truss designer did a nice job with his layout. Even though that's an easy house, the truss package is fairly complicated.

·
Forming and Framing
6,273 Posts
It looks great! I don't miss winter framing, not one bit.

Nice looking house. And yeah, what's with the truss on the joists?

On days like this i think moving to California and starting a framing company would be just fantastic. Minus 34 at the begining of the day... Enough to make me want to say **** it!!! But once it warmed up (-25) and we got rocking it was alright. :thumbup:

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You gotta be ****ting me -25! If its -5f and sunny w/o wind we might go out. Anything worse than that no way. I dont see how those hours can be profitable. Minus 25... get outta here!

·
Forming and Framing
6,273 Posts
You gotta be ****ting me -25! If its -5f and sunny w/o wind we might go out. Anything worse than that no way. I dont see how those hours can be profitable. Minus 25... get outta here!
Some days its not.. but today we made the best of it.. cut and installed 10 sets of construction stairs with landings in around 6 hours

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
FramingPro said:
Some days its not.. but today we made the best of it.. cut and installed 10 sets of construction stairs with landings in around 6 hours
What are you guys workin on? Appartments?

·
Registered
683 Posts
Yeah if you have the right gear working in the cold isn't to bad. The only thing is tools don't always work the way you want them to and I have yet to find a pair of gloves that keeps my hands warm enough on the real cold days as well as gives me the ability to grab a nail out of my pouch or snap a chaulk like without taking the gloves off. Insulated carhartts and a face mask become your best friends on the real cold days.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts