Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Working
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you have a twitter account? Do you find it useful to your business?

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Yes I have one. I don't tweet much.

I do not have a business so I can't answer the second part truthfully.

My opinion is that it would not help much. I'm not sure that many people look to twitter for contractors and the such. That's mainly google's and Facebook's realm. It may be helpful if you post links to pertinent articles, or if you have a business that can offer discounts, like "paint 2 rooms at full price, get a third 20% off" kind of thing.

It's tough to get a point across in 140 characters. Look how much I typed here, and I may not have offered anything of value. :laughing:

·
Chief Reporter of Spam
6,643 Posts
Not much value but a good social signal to have if you intend on using it every couple of days.

Mainly, I throw links around and get wrapped up in some conversation here and there... I also support local news and businesses with retweets and such.

Any way you slice it, google plus is way better.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a twitter account, and actually find it useful. I can take a picture on my phone of some project, or detail that I want to share with potential customers, and my lovely web developer wife made a twitter feed on our website. So twitter ends up being an easy way to keep web page content fresh.. You can see what I mean on our website. As for generating leads directly from twitter... not so much. But i suppose every bit of web presence helps.

·
Super Moderator
11,331 Posts
I have a Twitter account and I have actually got a few jobs off of it too.
But really it's more of a branding tool. Twitter is just one of the many pieces to the bigger social media puzzle. :thumbsup:

Hit me up when you get on Twitter Cole. :thumbup:

·
Fine Handcrafted Opinions
994 Posts
What about Instagram?

We just started an account, which we will put up just pictures of what we're doing a couple times a week. Get some good before and after shots, or shots of cool custom features or whatnot.

We plan on linking to it from our website when it's finished.

Anyone else use it for business?

·
Registered
12 Posts
instagram is another medium worth doing

Instagram can only be managed from a cell phone and not a computer so it makes it a good root service to post to and then have images flow out from it to twitter and facebook but it does not integrate with pinterest automatically so I prefer to post to pinterest as the root. I think it has more social viral than instragram. just imo.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I try and try and try but I can't get twitter. During the last election I spent many of the debate nights making a fool of myself, which I enjoyed, but my account was soon blocked. Other than that brief experience I haven't found a use for twitter just yet.

I hear G+ is a great place to spend some time but my track record isn't exactly stellar.

·
Chief Reporter of Spam
6,643 Posts
What about Instagram?

We just started an account, which we will put up just pictures of what we're doing a couple times a week. Get some good before and after shots, or shots of cool custom features or whatnot.

We plan on linking to it from our website when it's finished.

Anyone else use it for business?
You'd be better off doing that with a houzz account... there's more serious remodeling shoppers there than on pinterest or instagram.

·
Registered
Remodel
31,069 Posts
I listened to an interview with a one person business owner who was very saavy about all this. Here's what they do:

They have a blog on their website. The blog gets updated with photos and posts based on what time of the day people are visiting their website (they track visits - similar to google analytics, but I don't remember which package was used). A tweet is sent out, typically a photo with a little info and says more info at the website. Gets interest up, and gets more website hits.

·
Sean
5,532 Posts
You'd be better off doing that with a houzz account... there's more serious remodeling shoppers there than on pinterest or instagram.
I got to say that varies based on ones market when it comes to Pinterest vrs Houzzz - as for instagram, yeah...

On trick I know many designers use for Pinterest is creating actual boards for clients - they can post up pics they like & the designer can also post up their design boards. One other item if you blog is to use a picture in the piece & attach it to the most applicable board

As mentioned above they are all just another piece in the overall SM circle - getting it to work for you, well that gets down to what you like & can do well / making it easier for your customers find you.

In some cases it may not be your customer finding you, but maybe even a second party being asked do you know... well I have seen XYZ's work & you might want to check them out... I have gotten a few that way

1 - 15 of 15 Posts