Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Angus,
Unfortunately nothing lined up after this job till spring thaw. We figure we have another month between the floor, interior steps and risers and a mile of baseboard.
Looking for help this winter? :shutup:

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think with a thiner/lighter tile you could use the straps more to achieve a perfectly flat floor or use more straps. As posted before, because of the weight here we are using the straps to hold the stone in place after we get it level.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Good to hear Opie. I hope to have more jobs to use them on. I'm heading out to the 2011 International Stone Symposium in Jan. My business partner (the tile setter that is doing all the bathrooms and wine cellar) plans on doing the wine cellar floor while I'm gone. I believe it's going to be 18x18 stone tile. I told him he should try the TLS on that. Probably really speed him up on that floor.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Yes, have a few gay clients around here. Mostly from NYC with weekend places up here. I always say "they have plenty of money and impeccable taste."
The taste part is more than I can say for some of the wanna be millionaires I see. :laughing: They just want to know how BIG can you build it and how cheap can you do it for. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.