Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.tufboards.com/product_categories/deck

Anyone use this? i'm up here in the Northeast. My lumberyard has switched from Azek to this, as there distributor has too.
I never heard of it till this spring when they brought it in. Says they've had decking since 2010, Inteplast appears to make the plastic.

Seems very similar to Azek, 100% PVC, flat bottom. Mostly just square edge available to me, which i'm ok with as i have done a few PVC/Azek with HIDFast and/ or Cortex.
Was real nervous when they ditched Azek and I saw this, but was actually impressed as my opinion is all the colors and grain/s (when seen in person) are much better and more realistic than other pvc manufacturer's.

Just dont want to be the first guy to use it and have product or company go bad. My basic knowledge is all PVC made from the same, PVC!?

But what do i know, What you guys think?

·
Artist and not a curator
14,591 Posts
I was unaware it was possible to look worse than a PVC grain-attempt-at-wood, so better doesn't say much.

Other than that I think our probuild is carrying it, wasn't much impressed except for weight, PVC and sun don't get along.

·
Registered
122 Posts
You are correct sun does a number on PVC.

I am looking for two reasons.
1. I want to cap a 2x6 cedar railing top cap with something more durable with less weather etching and stays smooth. Since all the composites and PVC deck boards have some amount of cap-stock which would show a core on an end cut, I think I will use Ipe instead.
2. I need material like Azek to mount onto some sleepers with concrete underneath, without requiring a lot of ventilation, since a sleeper is not to thick laid flat.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Deckhead, I've done few PVC decks jobs an have always liked it, or maybe more so been sold by my suppliers. Seems the trend on here is Capped composite though? (or SA hardwoods, but HO wants Plastic for this one)

They've been pushing PVC guess tainted by early composite issues. Think ready available cap stock for me is from Timbertech or Trex.

Is that the consensus by you guys doing it every day is for capped stock, not straight PVC now, and why?

·
Registered
353 Posts
IMO PVC must always be framed 12" oc. I feel 16 oc feels spongy in between joist. I don't like 100% PVC bc it also seems to move a lot. I'm a fan of capstock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts