Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe someone who has installed this product can help me out...

Questions:
  1. Is it possible to use a breaker board with the Timbertech Floorizon on decks that are more than 20' wide or will I need to butt ends and stagger?
  2. Did you use solid Twin Finish deck plank for your stair treads?

·
Registered
748 Posts
We always kept the Floorizon under 20' or ran them on a angle

The seam board would be tuff with the Floorizon. Maybe use a solid board and adjust your framing to the height of the Floorizon or staggered seams. The treads would be easier with Twin Finish or on Timber Tech's Instructions they call for a blocker under the ripped Floorizon tread. They also have starter and a end cap for the Twin Finish Colors

Here is the link to their instructions

http://www.timbertech.com/files/files/Decking & DrySpace Install_April 2009.pdf

·
Registered
Custom cabinetry
9,178 Posts
I have done it... And the HO wanted no surface screws... So we did it. We ripped down lumber to fit between the grooves and screwed through the sides of the grooves into the lumber. Then we attached from below into the blocking. I dont have any pics of that project... I should get some it was a sweet project. This project had no steps so not a problem with the 5/4 but that is what we would have used.

·
Pro
27 Posts
I once used Floorizon to butt seams and won't ever do it again. The material is really just 3/8" thick so it likes to warp a bit at the seams and never looks good. I am in the middle of a project right now with TT Floorizon teak decking and a solid 5/4 picture frame board. I will try to post pics up tonight.

·
The Deck Guy
3,126 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks fellas! HO want florizin, HO get Florizin. Hell, HO want popsicle sticks... day gun git popsicle sticks...lol. <----Ode to John Hyatt!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts