Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
framer
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other thread about trusses and interior walls reminded me of a job super I thought was crazy.
After we were done with the roof and signed off on all the bracing, he got another set of the individual truss cut sheets, made a bunch of copies for trusses of the same type then paid us to staple the sheets to every truss.
Now that I think about it if anyone ever wanted to remodel, or if one ever got damaged the engineering is right at your finger tips.

Anybody else ever do this or think you might ?

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
I keep the whole packet in the job file.. for future reference and cya purposes.

If there's ever a need to modify, they will probably call me anyways:thumbsup:

·
Registered
104 Posts
What do you suppose that the truss engineering stapled to the trussles would look like, in say... 20 years?

:blink:

·
Thom
4,137 Posts
I scan all the truss sheets then paste them into a cad file, printing them out 6 to a page ("D" size pages) then submit them that way for approval with the plans. The plans are on file with the building department so they will be available in the future if/when needed. This also minimizes the fly-paper on the jobsite.

·
Pompass Ass
2,090 Posts
The other thread about trusses and interior walls reminded me of a job super I thought was crazy.
After we were done with the roof and signed off on all the bracing, he got another set of the individual truss cut sheets, made a bunch of copies for trusses of the same type then paid us to staple the sheets to every truss.
Now that I think about it if anyone ever wanted to remodel, or if one ever got damaged the engineering is right at your finger tips.

Anybody else ever do this or think you might ?
If the trusses need to be repaired ot altered, an engineer will have to sign off on the repair or alteration.

·
Registered
186 Posts
One truss co I use puts a little tag under one of the plates on each truss that gives the job # and the specific truss ID code. They are made of paper thin plastic almost like Tyvek. They look like they would last forever in an attic. The drawings go in the job file.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts