Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being brand new to the site, I failed to familiarize myself with the site etiquette regulations. If I have offended anyone with my poor choice of words, I do sincerely apologize. In the future, I will be sure to use the colourful emoticons to express my vulgar side. Thanks for the rebuke Leo.

So, if I may repost the Bond residents project, I will keep my rants in check.

http://s1071.photobucket.com/user/p...meYear2009023_zps2bd213b4.jpg.html?sort=2&o=0

Sincerely

Mr Chips

Attachments

·
Artist and not a curator
12,931 Posts
I was looking for the first one when I saw "2". I don't think many carpenters would take offense to it, this site is very well policed in that they don't go over board.

Think of this site as more of a chamber of commerce party atmosphere, you don't want to be "that" guy but at the same time, inside construction stuff seems to be fine.

Really impressive work by the way.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I was looking for the first one when I saw "2". I don't think many carpenters would take offense to it, this site is very well policed in that they don't go over board.

Think of this site as more of a chamber of commerce party atmosphere, you don't want to be "that" guy but at the same time, inside construction stuff seems to be fine.

Really impressive work by the way.
thx Deck...I should show you my Deck....it's pretty big......:laughing:

I built a wrap around 5 years ago 1,200 sq ft...I think I have a Photo...actually I will attempt to clip the video....wait sec....anyway...regarding the 1st thread, I was given a stern warning from Leo G about my profanity......so they pulled the thread...it was not I. That being said, my apology was sincere.....I have no wish to offend anyone !!!! follow the link to my facebook page and watch the video....sort of a b4 and after when I first moved here

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=vb.1464090842&type=2

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow! How many on your crew and how long to frame that beast?
we did that beast in 09 and I had on average 6 guys.....on a roof, I always like even numbers....so the team can partner up....one guy up...the other cutting......that roof took 6 weeks......actually 5.....one week lost to rain......

·
Always Learning
8,653 Posts
we did that beast in 09 and I had on average 6 guys.....on a roof, I always like even numbers....so the team can partner up....one guy up...the other cutting......that roof took 6 weeks......actually 5.....one week lost to rain......
Crazy! Thanks for posting it! Great house to have in the portfolio:)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That wasn't 09 was it ? Not before you knew me?
I though it was like last summer?

I am afraid it was 09......a few years b4 we met.....I don't know why you thought it was last summer :no:
How goes the Baby sitting......drywalling can be so....:sleep1: boring....lol .....I know you wish you were swinging :whistling

·
Banned
20 Posts
Dang. I thought it was one of those where a big wind comes up and blows the whole thing down.

To paraphrase someone, "at some point, you have enough garage bays."

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
5 weeks?! how tall was the main ridge? how many sq ft? the longest a roof ever took us was 9 days with 5-6 guys and we stick-framed it.

that 3,500 sq ft "ranch"

·
Registered
192 Posts
asgoodasdead said:
5 weeks?! how tall was the main ridge? how many sq ft? the longest a roof ever took us was 9 days with 5-6 guys and we stick-framed it. that 3,500 sq ft "ranch"
Come set a 10,000 sq ft with me next week. All trusses. 35' bearing elevation. We'll see how fast you can set and sheath that. Seriously?? Bragging about stick framing that single story in 9 days vs that monstrosity chips did with trusses. Come on.

·
Registered
192 Posts
asgoodasdead said:
I wasn't bragging. I was seriously asking. I posted the picture and stated the time and size as reference.
Well my apologies then. I don't know if you deal with a lot of trusses, on small houses, yes they're easier. On big cut up roofs, I'd rather stick frame it. Over sheathing for valleys. Big floppy 12/12 scissors trusses with no ridge board to stabilize them. It's a nightmare.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts