Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so we all are told how good the next greatest deck finish is. Lots of pictures and etc. But I did a inadvertent test in October that is by far the best.

Staining the deck and was in my socks to keep from scratching the wood before hand. Some finish got on my Big Toe Nail. Seriously. That was two and a half months ago and it is still there!:clap:

And yes we Canadians shower more than once a month!!!!

All joking aside, shower (with soap) daily and still is on the toe nail. Never seen that before, usually it washes off or peels off. Product called San Sin. Only time will tell how good it works on the deck but sure out lasts finger nail polish:laughing:

John can your TWP do that?

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
I often judge paints by how many showers it takes to completely remove them

·
John Hyatt
3,658 Posts
I am glad to here youall clean up that often, that's not what I heard.

I never did that kind of test. However I did become aquatinted with the process involved in removing TWP from an above ground pool structure . That is not a happy memory.

J.

·
Thom
4,137 Posts
but sure out lasts finger nail polish
:thumbsup:
So, your saying your fingernail polish washes off faster than your stain. Is it common for you canadian boys to wear fingernail polish to work?

Reactions: Tom Struble

·
Premium Member
Retired deck builder
6,386 Posts
So, your saying your fingernail polish washes off faster than your stain. Is it common for you canadian boys to wear fingernail polish to work?
Good question Thom. How does Natural know how long fingernail polish last, ha.

I will say TWP takes a good 3 weeks or so to wear off your fingers & once on your clothes always on your clothes. One of the main things when staining a deck with TWP is making sure you keep it off other stuff, especially limestone which is dominant masonry product used on homes here.

·
Artist and not a curator
14,332 Posts
Good question Thom. How does Natural know how long fingernail polish last, ha.

I will say TWP takes a good 3 weeks or so to wear off your fingers & once on your clothes always on your clothes. One of the main things when staining a deck with TWP is making sure you keep it off other stuff, especially limestone which is dominant masonry product used on homes here.
I found out the hard way it likes to stay on vinyl fence too. Or pretty much anything.

·
Don
1,322 Posts
Real Talk- I did some testing a few years back on all hardwoods i got as samples and put them under a 1000W HID (odd you think since natural wood lives in BC he would have access to this :) )

so yea did stains and oil on the woods that pass the test and the best oil i found was .............OIL used car oil. one of these days ill be tempted to put it on a deck

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Real Talk- I did some testing a few years back on all hardwoods i got as samples and put them under a 1000W HID (odd you think since natural wood lives in BC he would have access to this :) )

so yea did stains and oil on the woods that pass the test and the best oil i found was .............OIL used car oil. one of these days ill be tempted to put it on a deck
You lost me on this one????

1 - 16 of 16 Posts