Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the best to work out of? or should i buy trailer? i have 2 f250 supercabs a 76 and 94 one has utility bed w rack . should i get a trailer that way i can leave it at job for crew when i go to bid? whAT IS BEST SIZE TRAILER TO BUY. BOTH TRUCKS ARE DIESEL SO I CAN TOW UP TO 15000LBS NO PROBLEM. I COULD GET A VAN BUT its to stinky when you have all the paint in it

·
Registered
18 Posts
I don't have the perfect answer for you, but will throw in some ideas to consider. Getting another vehicle means another vehicle insurance payment. On the flip, leaving trailers at jobsites could mean higher chance at theft.

just some things to consider.

also, check to see what your vehicle is rated to tow. You will have to change your tags to be rated for your overall GVWR.

·
Registered
35 Posts
neil

dually 1 ton 16" rise on stake bed w/a maxon hide away lift did a run of wall-marts out west with that ford. an even bakers dozen. that was the last sub contracting job i ever did. wall-mart made a free man of me. holds a stack of forty footers, couple of gang box's, 2 hi-boys, couple pallets of elastomeric and the the harley to boot.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
ncor, Huh?
Paul, I like vans for many reasons. Oddly, I like the smell of paint too.
I love the smell of boatyards, varnish, paints, wood, fiberglass and rotting sea matter. Nothing like it!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
glasshousebuilder, i am new to the area just bought a house here in oct. if you are from the area i would like to meet you. are you a paint contractor? i am not out to steal anyones work just want to make agood living. i am working on dq in vandalia today thru tues outside, it has to be done by mar 20. would be cool to meet someone from the area.

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
Who are you working for in Van. I've been there about 7 years now. If you ask around at the local watering holes just about everybody knows me.

If they don't know my last name just say pool Bob, they'll know who your talking about.

I Roofed that building right next to DQ about 3 years ago. Sony Vaughn slipped in and stold the siding work from me....... the maggot!

Bob

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
as i said i am new to area been here 5 mo. i was in bellville / metro east, for 13 years. had to get out when west end became like e. st. louis. i dont drink so havent been to any taverns here. the dq is owened by dana warner and her husband they are a referal from a house i did on fifth street , my insurance agent got the job for me . i hope it warms up today so i can go paint some oil on dq.

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
Is Dana out of Ramsey? Ithink my girlfriend knows her.

I used to have a big shop on 5th street, it's a storage building now. The people I was buying it off gave me a good screwing then turned around and said I owe them money, go figure, some kind of defense twist to make themselves feel better I guess. I don't sweat it, just have to go on.

Bob

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no i think they live by the lake in van. not sure though . she told me she inherited dq from her aunt. must be nice. i have always had to work to get anything. i am getting ready to go to work at dq i only have to paint 3 poles by the front of the building today so i can second coat in am.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts