·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Van for work truck to look cool.

Way to many threads about this...

·
stacker of sticks
8,502 Posts
Truck and trailer if you have a crew. Because you can leave the trailer and aren't stuck with a raper van.

Van if you work by yourself because you will be with your van all the time, also if you work in places hard to get trailers in and out, like those steep driveways you guys have, and big cities.

I'm actually thinking about getting a van to go with our 2 trucks. As a kind of runner vehicle. Keep basic tools in and stuff, for when we go do a repair or day job

·
stacker of sticks
8,502 Posts
BBuild said:
Get a express van with the access package. It's one of the best work vehicles out there IMO.
Did you know you can pop the license plate light out and unlock the back door in about 7 seconds on the express

·
Registered
221 Posts
Plumbers drive vans. I'm not a plumber. I have a tool box on my truck where I keep all my power tools and I have a very organized enclosed trailer for everything else. The bed of my truck is clear for hauling supplies and such.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
What kind of question is this? Are you 16 years old? There is no right or wrong answer. What is your budget, do you need 4wd, do you need to keep things out of sight, do you need to haul a crew, do you use it only for work, etc etc etc.
Don't mean to rant but this is just as bad as Ford vs Chevy. Ask that question to 20 people on the internet and you'll get twenty different reasons why one is better than the other, none with any proof.

·
master hacker of wood
2,487 Posts
You can get vans in 4 wd,

I'd pass on the access package myself, reason being is they leak. Ok put new gaskets on them it's 600 bucks for 4 years worth of service.

I'm 6'1 and hit my head because the dont open high enough.

But still love my van, tight turning radius awesome 5.3 motor gets up and goes.

It's comfortable my kid has the same year truck sitting in it is weird as opposed to my van.

I got awd and never been stuck but you really need to know how to drive. You can't just go anywhere you want. But for muddy sites lawns deep snow etc you can't beat it.

Besides you have a lot of bill board space!!!

They do make lift kits to lift my van and put 35's on it, I'm just waiting to get some mad money too spend.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,558 Posts
You can get vans in 4 wd,

I'd pass on the access package myself, reason being is they leak. Ok put new gaskets on them it's 600 bucks for 4 years worth of service.

I'm 6'1 and hit my head because the dont open high enough.

But still love my van, tight turning radius awesome 5.3 motor gets up and goes.

It's comfortable my kid has the same year truck sitting in it is weird as opposed to my van.

I got awd and never been stuck but you really need to know how to drive. You can't just go anywhere you want. But for muddy sites lawns deep snow etc you can't beat it.

Besides you have a lot of bill board space!!!

They do make lift kits to lift my van and put 35's on it, I'm just waiting to get some mad money too spend.
Is that your van? What's the silver detail in the decal? Is that inspired by a saw blade or something?

·
master hacker of wood
2,487 Posts
Oh it's all paint no decal disaster struck on the first paint job ,only having Saturday and Sunday too work on it, the easiest way too fix it was raise the paint line on the body.
But doing this I had to eliminate the cut outs in the blade,

Then in my hurry too finish I never turned up the compressor putting on the clear so it's bumpy.

Figured it out too late, but it won't happen again lesson learned!

Attachments

·
master hacker of wood
2,487 Posts
Yea that's what I said too my wife people will think its sharp !! She didn't get it lol

Next one will have a circular blade ripping the paint off exposing a metal clad tank like body kinda like what I did too my motorcycle,

I was still learning different techniques back then and wasn't sure I could pull it off on my van but now after a couple other paint jobs under my belt I have a little more confidence.

Yes I do like red black and silver but I've also done a union jack bike and my spidey bike so reds my favorite lol

Attachments

1 - 20 of 35 Posts