Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering recommending a urethane or epoxy floor finish for the bathrooms in a bar/restaurant. It's filthy painted concrete right now. Something non-slip but cleanable. We'd have to clean and do some grinding - there are some surface imperfections, but the concrete's sound underneath. I'm basing this on my impression that trowelable urethanes and epoxies are very durable, clean very well, can cover some minor imperfections, and can be applied seamlessly. It needs to be appropriately slip resistant for a bar restroom.

It's probably this or tile. I'd be grateful for any recommendations.

- Bob

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
I think you may be on the right track.

you may consider forming some kind of cement based coving for the corners under the urethane, it would make daily cleaning much easier.

·
Project Superintendent
2,525 Posts
My latest school project we did epoxy flooring in all the bathrooms and the kitchen. Used a company called Stonhard. Check em out here

http://www.stonhard.com/

Good product and good service. Had some issues that were resolved to everyone's satisfaction.

My quarry tile guy who has been doing my kitchens for years is trying to figure out how to compete. Many schools are going to this, frankly it is a better product and costs less. How do you compete with that? I told him he needs to learn a new trade, he says he is too old for that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts