Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else own/use a Tripod Ladder.
I have a LG Tripod Ladder. Went to buy another one - sadly, they don't make that style anymore. I suspect a OSHA issue.

A quick look and Werner seems to make one. Not so sure about Werner Ladders....All of our ladders are LG, with the exception of 3 Louisvilles. 2 of the Louisvilles are like 2 ft platform style ladders.

I grab the Tripod Style Ladder 80% of the time. No ones seems to like it except me ;-/

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Generally speaking, Werner makes excellent ladders. All I own. I don't have a tripod one, though, so I really can't comment on those specifically, but considering the quality of all their other ladders, I wouldn't hesitate trying one of their tripod ladders.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I have all Werner ladders and they are good ladders.A guy that worked for me had a Werner tripod and it was nice and stout.And heavy for this old man.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
It's the only kind of stepladder I've used on the job for over 35 years. I get the Werners from White Cap, 6' and 8', rated for 300 lbs. I have started using a folding ladder more lately.

I don't know why more people don't use them either. I think I'm the only one in town who does.

There's another thread on here somewhere about them. I think me and Tim Uhler are the biggest proponents of them

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
I got a 6 footer and I hate it. Had it for about 8 years now and it just sits in the garage. This is the fiberglass one and still looks new.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
It's the only kind of stepladder I've used on the job for over 35 years. I get the Werners from White Cap, 6' and 8', rated for 300 lbs. I have started using a folding ladder more lately.

I don't know why more people don't use them either. I think I'm the only one in town who does.

There's another thread on here somewhere about them. I think me and Tim Uhler are the biggest proponents of them

I hate, I mean HATE, 4 legged ladders. I started on wooden tripods and we routinely would stand on the top and the ladder as stable. I don't recommend that though :whistling

We have two 7' Louisville, 10' and 12' and love them

·
Working
4,127 Posts
Some reason the 3 leg ladders cost more than 4 leg ones. I have a 3 legger and use it a lot it's a werner 8'

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
$150 for a 6', $220 for an 8'. Not that bad.

·
GC/carpenter
43,888 Posts
A three legged ladder seems like it would make since. I don't know how many times the forth leg gets in the way. Are they legal and when you climb them do you have to balance them?

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Californiadecks said:
A three legged ladder seems like it would make since. I don't know how many times the forth leg gets in the way. Are they legal and when you climb them do you have to balance them?
3-legged ladders are more stable on uneven ground. No, you don't have to balance them. Typically the ladder side is wider at the base than a typical 4-legger.

·
GC/carpenter
43,888 Posts
Californiadecks said:
Did I spell sense wrong? I can't edit anymore.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Californiadecks said:
Did I spell sense wrong? I can't edit anymore.
Send and fourth, too. S'okay.

They're rated for 300 lbs. Fits in a corner or you can put the front leg through a framed wall. Put a different sized block under rack leg and climb to the top if you need to. Especially good in dirt.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts