Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi you guys,
ok I'm new on this forum so nice to meet you all. I have been reading some of the posts and replies and see that there is alot of experience working here. I am a trim carpenter in Florida moved here from Indiana. And in IN my pricing was on the money and in line with evryone else. My problem here is that A-the houses here dont have near the trim in it they did up north, therefore my pricing is too high for the average house. and B- since i had good teachers and know about a tight joint its taking me longer than the average joe to trim a house. So do I drop my prices and start banging them out or do I stick witjh the custom stuff where they at least appreciate not having to caulk all my miters . I was charging 1.25 per sq ft for the basic trim or first trim doors casing base and an average kitchen plus extras added to that.
Here they dont trim windows (drywall wrap and marble sills) and they use cabinet companies for the installs on the cabinets.
Any feed back would be great , Andy

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Where are you? Can you move? You are working in the wrong place! Google 'Treasure Coast FL'. They are building more multi-million dollar homes here than you can shake a stick at.
Go here for more info http://www.treasurecoastba.com/
I have a few Hoosier roots, PM if you want.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also live in Florida (Daytona Beach). I charge .30 per sq. ft. This is for the very basic stuff. If they want 5 1/4" base my price goes to .40. Crown- 2.50 per foot minimum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts