Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the risk of getting a bunch of :rolleyes: from everybody because this has been discussed a few other times on here, I wanted to get some feedback on how you price your trim and finish carpentry work. I do realize that the pricing of a trim carpenter doing work on a historical house in Boston or a beachfront house in California will be much different than mine here in Louisiana. But I wanted to ask because I know a few of us still have some questions regarding pricing and we are trying to figure out a definite pricing schedule to give to homeowners and builders we might do work for. So any feedback would be very much appreciated.

I think it might be best to break it down into specific questions. So....

A. What is the rate per hour that you aim for?

B. What is your rate to install base? Any extra for coping inside corners?

C. What's your rate to install window and door casing? Do you fill nail holes?

D. To install a window stool and apron?

E. To install a single pre-hung door (no casing)?

F. To install crown (no painting)? Any extra for corners and joints?

G. How much extra to paint and fill nail holes?

H. What's your rate to install door locksets?

I. What's your rate to install kitchen cabinets--base, wall, various sizes?

And feel free to add anything else I might have and probably did miss. Thanks to all who give us a little feedback.

·
Registered
378 Posts
For crown I charge per room,per corner and half the corner rate for laps.Say 50 per room 50 per corner and 25 per lap as example.For cabs a percentage of cost works for me,home depot charges 1/3 of cost by me.example 3000 in cabs 1000 in labor.We mostly do trim in our own projects so i can,t help with other pricing.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see, Bergen. As long as it works out for you in the end and you make money, then that's a good formula. Anyone else care to share your methods of pricing?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts