Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you finish trim?(base, casings) I'm talking about new construction and the final coat after its installed, and the house is basically finished.

After caulk and fixing do you just touch up or do you painstakingly mask and plastic and shoot them again.

If you touch up what do you use, or how do you prevent a noticeable difference between the spray finish and the touch ups?

And what about doors too, after they've been installed there's gonna be some trade damage here and there, do you take em off and spray em again? or just touch up, and same question for that too as for preventing texture differences?

I mean is there some type of special brush or roller cover for mimicking a sprayed finish?

I know the perfect finish is to spray them again, but with carpets and stuff, it would be a lot of masking, and as for closet and door casing how do you prevent the spray from going airborn into the next room or hitting the back of the closet?? cardboard or plastic?

I hear of pro's just spraying 2 finish coats pre install and touching up afterwords, So I'm just curious how this is done properly.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
It depends on the level of quality I want. If I want it done the best possible way then I will spray it in place after it's installed. If I pre paint trim I usually use a brush to begin with, not a sprayer, so touch up with a brush works fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.