Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Trim-A-Louver (has anyone used this?)

Trim-A-Louver (anyone ever used this?)
I was searching Ebay today and found a item that I found interesting, it is called a Trim-A-Louver and I am thinking of buying it. I was wondering if anyone here has one or if you have ever used one. Here is the auction number, please let me know...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=180380234510

Rob

·
Registered
234 Posts
Trim-A-Louver (anyone ever used this?)
I was searching Ebay today and found a item that I found interesting, it is called a Trim-A-Louver and I am thinking of buying it. I was wondering if anyone here has one or if you have ever used one. Here is the auction number, please let me know...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=180380234510

Rob
I had a couple of these back in the aluminum and steel siding days.
We'd just go over vents with the siding and poke louvers in it for air movement.
Got my first one when I needed it for a government rehab job. Later I got one that made one foot long louvers.
I don't see any need for one with vinyl siding. It only works on metal.

·
Registered
272 Posts
They do work with steel siding,but don't open a very wide louver so it takes a lot of slots to get the necessary sq.in. of ventilation IMO there are better options

·
Registered
83 Posts
Seems like a neat idea but personally I cant see it working out with vinyl. I've seen em on some old aluminim siding tear offs, never realized it was a punch though, always thought it was special pannels they offered back when lol. In vinyl I'd imagine after a few expansion/contractions and with the sun beating on it the thin strips would lose their shape.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do some work with metal and I make steam tables for mirroring so I thought that it may work great. The seller now has taken this off the buy it now/ best offer auction and made it into a normal auction. I am watching it and if I can snag it low enough I will take it. Below is the auction now, what do you really think that it is worth? The manufacturers website still sells them at like almost $400! I thought maybe $100 might be fair enough.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180384635556&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

·
Head Grunt
3,270 Posts
I have never seen one used around here and this is the first one i have seen. I would make on offer on it if you think you will use it enough to warrant the purchase. Most folks here are venting through the soffit for a cleaner look. I am willing to bet this method isnt used alot due to air movement behind the siding when the fan comes on.

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
we used to use one when we did straight 8 aluminum siding,it worked great for that but its a very utlitaian look,they make nice gable vents with proper sized screened louvers now

1 - 10 of 10 Posts