Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question for those familiar with Trex.

The specs say the fascia measure like 1x. Is that really 3/4" thick?

Any fascia I have used in the past was closer to 7/16". Im planning something and the little detail matters.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Go to Trex.com, It will better, more accurate, and printable if needed, and quicker! Sorry I don't have the answer ya need? I have never used that product yet, to give you input!

·
Windwash
595 Posts
Last fall I did a deck for another contractor that was Azek decking but Trex railings and fascia. The fascia was a white cap over black composite material and was 3/4" thick. I don't know how many different fascia materials that Trex has but I would not recommend this one.

·
General Contractor
8,051 Posts
just a quick question for those familiar with trex.

The specs say the fascia measure like 1x. Is that really 3/4" thick?

Any fascia i have used in the past was closer to 7/16". Im planning something and the little detail matters.
3/4"

·
General Contractor
8,051 Posts
Trex also has trim board that comes in 5/8",3/4",1"

·
Windwash
595 Posts
Heres a deck with the white cap fascia I have no problem recommending it. I've installed tons of it without issue.
I'll bet it works better in your climate than in one with large seasonal temperature swings (ours is about 130 degrees). I'd love to be able to miter outside corners as you have in the pictures and have them stay tight but they don't and the guts of the cap stock is a winchester grey color :sad:.

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
43,205 Posts
I'll bet it works better in your climate than in one with large seasonal temperature swings (ours is about 130 degrees). I'd love to be able to miter outside corners as you have in the pictures and have them stay tight but they don't and the guts of the cap stock is a winchester grey color :sad:.
Yes I agree, in your case I'd probably go PVC

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
43,205 Posts
Actually that's a great point you make Windwash, location and climate have a lot to do with our business. I wouldn't know where to begin with a weather situation as you guys have.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts