Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Travertine Pavers laid on reinforced concrete.
Hello everyone. I'm in NJ and have been doing a lot of travertine pavers over the past years. I am currently wet laying the travertine on 5" reinforced concrete ( 1/2 re-bar 12" on center with 12" by 3' deep concrete piers supporting the slap. Works great done many jobs not one crack in travertine. I am wondering if anyone has done this kind of install and what price are you averaging per square ?

Attachments

·
Have Trowel, Do travel
909 Posts
I do and I have done, only that, Its different here,
Most travertine i lay with thin-set on a screed,
only once did I lay with mortar and sanded/filled/polished after set.

I have no idea the kind/type of travertine you's have there.
Those look like tiles to me, nothing like what we call travertine, but its a regional thing.
I can only criticise on the slab, we usually put down a layer of pea gravel to fill the slots between the bigger stones, uses less concrete.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Don't know nothin' 'bout layin' travertine pavers. Laid lots of 18x18 travertine, inside ... but nary a paver.

But ... all I gots to say 'bout your pics ....

Stuff shore looks purty!

·
Working
4,127 Posts
I do and I have done, only that, Its different here,
Most travertine i lay with thin-set on a screed,
only once did I lay with mortar and sanded/filled/polished after set.

I have no idea the kind/type of travertine you's have there.
Those look like tiles to me, nothing like what we call travertine, but its a regional thing.
I can only criticise on the slab, we usually put down a layer of pea gravel to fill the slots between the bigger stones, uses less concrete.
That doesn't look like the travertine we get round here.:thumbsup: Wonder what area the OP is from.

Cole

1 - 7 of 7 Posts