Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy All,

Lookng to see what you guys use at your site for debris tube (at least 10 ft long). I'm looking at a job right now that will require one. Suggestions welcomed.

·
Banned
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thuinking of the sono but at $11.5 /ft for a 24 inch wide tube, that would cost me around 100 bucks. I think I will make one with plywood and a tarp on top of the window that rests on the chute. Don't want to create too much plaster dust.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I made a chute myself very similar to the superchute out of plastic trash cans and some chain. Cut the bottoms out of the cans and chain together.

·
Working
4,127 Posts
I was thuinking of the sono but at $11.5 /ft for a 24 inch wide tube, that would cost me around 100 bucks. I think I will make one with plywood and a tarp on top of the window that rests on the chute. Don't want to create too much plaster dust.
Yeah but you can re use it for next time.:thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
10,672 Posts
We are gonna start a 2nd floor bathroom remodel soon and thought about a chute to get the debris out. The rest of the house is immaculate and we want to avoid tromping in and out as much as possible. We decided instead to build a narrow set of steps coming out the window. We will leave it in place until everyone is finished. This will cost more but our dumpster is still another 100 feet away, so the chute idea is not perfect either.

·
The Deck Guy
3,126 Posts
We are gonna start a 2nd floor bathroom remodel soon and thought about a chute to get the debris out. The rest of the house is immaculate and we want to avoid tromping in and out as much as possible. We decided instead to build a narrow set of steps coming out the window. We will leave it in place until everyone is finished. This will cost more but our dumpster is still another 100 feet away, so the chute idea is not perfect either.
Take a pic of that...I want to see how you make it work because it sounds great on paper, but could be impractical in reality. Lots of steps to get up that high from grade, plus narrow, plus window egress?

Yikes.

Not saying it's not worth doing. I just can't see it being real efficient.

·
Registered
53 Posts
If I leave my site too long there will be demo bags flying out the windows missing the dumpster. Don't walk under a demo or eat yellow snow.

·
Registered
440 Posts
i also made one out of plastic trash cans and chain, used it alot when i did commercial roof jobs it works great and holds up very well... only problem is storing 60 trash cans:eek:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts