Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
What is your concern? If it is closed it probably wont rattle as much but....

·
Project Manager
2,642 Posts
Van Mark (the brand I own), advises against transporting a closed brake. If you have to for clearance reasons, etc, they recommend placing a piece of material between the jaws (I used to use a length of sill plate foam insulation).

·
Registered
600 Posts
I have a Tapco, and they recommend the same thing(clamping some material in the jaws). They also say to never put it on racks, transport in bed of truck only. Not sure why that is, I put it on my racks.

·
Working
4,127 Posts
I just pick it up and carry it, but am getting tired of that. I have been thinking of adding wheels to one pair of legs like a grill has. Like toms but only on one side. For travel I just set it up on it's legs in the trailer last thing in first thing out.

·
Grand Rapids Remodeling
3,115 Posts
I just pick it up and carry it, but am getting tired of that. I have been thinking of adding wheels to one pair of legs like a grill has. Like toms but only on one side. For travel I just set it up on it's legs in the trailer last thing in first thing out.
Ditto.

I was thinking of wheels not only for getting it out of the truck/trailer but to keep it close to your work as you go. I'm getting tired of walking around a house to were I set the brake up in the morning. Wheels would be great.

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
my shoulder hurts anymore just looking at it
you just need wheels on one end,but this is easy to roll around without lifting

Hope thesidingpro don't see this:wheelchair:

·
Registered
291 Posts
I own 5 portable brakes. The oldest one is twelve years old. They are all Tapco. I have always transported them on the ladder racks in the closed postion with no materail in them. No problems yet.

Brakes are like Rol-air air compressors, they will get stolen before they wear out.

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
:laughing: i had to get the whole set up at one time

my trusty 20 yr old brake was stolen less than 1 mile from my house a few yrs ago:w00t:
that had the older stand which i really liked nice and light,had 2} 6'' plastic wheels

1 - 15 of 15 Posts