Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Transferrable Warranties on Home Repair

I'm a residentail GC. I have a prosective customer asking about what kind of warranty I offer and if it is transferrable. Basically they're planning on moving in the spring and want to spruce their place up for selling purposes. Painting /glazing windows, painting the garage and sunporch, and some minor carpentry repair on a garage sofit. They also would like their kitchen painted. I typically offer a 3-year warranty but I've never been asked about transferring it. Is it wise to make the warranty transferrable and if not then what should I tell my prosepct as to why it isn't?

Bill

·
Registered
514 Posts
What exactly are you warranting? Post an intro in the intro section so we know what you do and where you are located, it will make it much easier for us to help you.

·
Sean
5,533 Posts
Bill, your a painting contractor according to your name - but then you state your a GC - which is it? (careful if you say your a GC) Most forums you visit, etiquette also dictates an intro

Now I can see a Painter offering a workmanship guarantee - no peeling or bubbling, but not one that covers dings or scratches from moving. Also, if one were so inclined, they should also be charging a transfer fee. There should also be a nice waiver in there that if the AC or heat is turned off, the warranty would be null & void

1 - 5 of 5 Posts