Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can one of you guys provide me a link to a Trane YCC Gas Pack 1993 year installation or service manual ?This is my house.

I need to know where the flame roll out switch is as it goes bad every few years. Sometimes I get about 10 - 15 min of heat before it goes off. Sometimes I get 6 - 8 hrs - then will not come on again.The heat exchanger was replaced about 10 yrs ago.

I can get it to come back on if I take the TH head off for about 10 min Honeywell digital type. Then put it back on.

And what about interpreting the codes on the board. That's in the manual I think ?

Any help - it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Flash. I found the install manual online.

I spent the day watching YT vids and HVAC threads --- got a pretty good edu on the basics and diagnostics--- from a bit of rust on the burners causing back pressure to voltages at various components.

Been working fine most of today. Yesterday, not at all. It will come back I'm sure.

The HEX was replaced 10 yrs ago. I've got to open it up to see if its split again and see the code while malfunctioning ? However it has gone through about 3 - 4 flame roll out sensors even when all else is ok. They were done by a top service co.

The roll out last time was a Microtemp G4AM0600 167 C cut out --- that's a 1 time failure device -- yes ? That's when it would run for a few minutes then cut off. Since it runs longer could be another component ?

I realize the danger if its a roll out ---

Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Sure, I have been to a few service calls where the roll-out had been bypassed, or relocated. That's something one does not want to do.

I am not sure on the specific part number. Sounds as if you got hold of the situation. You probably can get a good look at the h.e. by removing the top panel of the gas-pack altogether..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.