Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
BuckleyBuilt
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Howdy Ya'll,

Can anyone give me some feedback about Trailers Plus trailers?
I am looking specifically at a 6x12. I found out that they are made by Interstate.

I am also looking at a Pace, from Lowes. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
Howdy Ya'll,

I am looking specifically at a 6x12 Victory model.

I am also looking at a Pace, from Lowes. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I have never heard of Trailer plus but Pace in our area make some very nice trailers. Very much like the carmate trailers. Didnt know lowes sold them though.

·
BuckleyBuilt
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The pace ones that I only see at lowes are very similar to the trailers plus ones. The differences are almost negligible.
However, Trailers Plus is a commissioned (franchise?) environment and the sales guys are hungry. TP also has a better warranty, at least on paper.

I looked into the Wells Cargo, but they are waaay out of my price range. (I am trying to stay close to $2K)

·
Scooter
304 Posts
I'm not sure what you will be hauling, but if you think you might need some room to grow you might want to wait until you could get a tandem axle. The added capacity is a huge advantage.

·
Sean
5,561 Posts
The pace ones that I only see at lowes are very similar to the trailers plus ones. The differences are almost negligible.
However, Trailers Plus is a commissioned (franchise?) environment and the sales guys are hungry. TP also has a better warranty, at least on paper.

I looked into the Wells Cargo, but they are waaay out of my price range. (I am trying to stay close to $2K)
In most cases - diffrences are not that noticble between diffrent manufacturers and each area has plenty of local builders - the catch is - how will the trailer handle the wear and tear

I would ask how long they have been in business & is there anyone that has had there's for a few years that you could talk to

·
Registered
7,079 Posts
I got my from Transhaul in GA. Get the tandem axle if you don't do anything else. Also check out the framing on them. I had mine upgraded to 16"oc walls and floor, 3/8 ply on walls and 3/4 ply on floor. I was checking the different brands locally before buying and noticed quite a few brands used cheap 1 1/4" angle for their floor supports:thumbdown

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
Howdy Ya'll,

I am looking specifically at a 6x12. I found out that they are made by Interstate.

Thanks!
A 6x12 new trailer for $2000 is going to get you what you pay for. In the long run you'll start noticing where all the short-cuts were taken.

$2000 will buy you a better used trailer, better built and more features. The used trailer market is flooded right now.

·
BuckleyBuilt
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What I have noticed on all the 'lighterweight' trailers: Interstate, Pace, etc, is that they use a tube steel (2x3) frame rather than a traditional 'C' channel 2x4 or similar. The price nearly doubles to go to the heavier duty. As for used, I have been looking for 3+ months, with no success, and waiting is hampering my ability to get jobs done in a more timely fasion.

For clarification, I will be pulling this with a 1/2 ton that only has a 3500# tow rating. That's why I want to get the maximum space for the dollar.
I will only use this for tools. I have a heavy duty 5x8 utility trailer that I use for materials, etc.

Thanks for all the responses so far.

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
What I have noticed on all the 'lighterweight' trailers: Interstate, Pace, etc, is that they use a tube steel (2x3) frame rather than a traditional 'C' channel 2x4 or similar. The price nearly doubles to go to the heavier duty. As for used, I have been looking for 3+ months, with no success, and waiting is hampering my ability to get jobs done in a more timely fasion.

For clarification, I will be pulling this with a 1/2 ton that only has a 3500# tow rating. That's why I want to get the maximum space for the dollar.
I will only use this for tools. I have a heavy duty 5x8 utility trailer that I use for materials, etc.

Thanks for all the responses so far.
Whats up with your tow rateings. That sounds very low for a half ton.

·
BuckleyBuilt
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
6 cyl with a 6speed manual. It's paid for, which is why I am 'stuck' with it for now.
I actually bought a 6x10 load runner on the 12/31. They didn't balk at dropping the price since it was the last day of the year.

Thanks for all the comments ya'll & Happy New Year!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.