Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 139 Posts

·
Scooter
304 Posts
Cole, really nice job on the cabinets. You had the extra time, effort, and craftsmanship and it shows.:thumbsup:

Addressing the draws falling out that Inner10 speaks of...... I bet you could install some bump stops at the rear of the draws to help prevent that from happening.

Wouldn't want to see a bunch of dents, scratches, ect. a few months down the road.:no:

I'm in the process of remodeling my trailer as well. Had some extra time today so I started installing the insulation. I think I may have to sneek into your shop and grab your pimpin cabinets though. I think they would look better in "MY" trailer!:laughing:

·
Working
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thanks for all the kind words guys.

I may do drawer guids some day. For the 75# rated ones it was going to be $430 plus tax. a little more than I wanted to spend the same week as christmass. Considering I already have a few hundred in plywood. There is a little built in stop on the drawers that keep them from slideing to far out.

Won't have a chance to work on the other one until sunday. That lower cabinet is allready installed in the trailer though. I went to my hardware/lock place and they were closed. Then went to menards to find hinges for the upper cabinet. I want a slef closeing euro hinge but they didn't have any for flush door face mounting. I bought some super ugly brass spring loaded hinges that are going back. I want something a little nicer in there.

·
Working
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Got the upper cabinet done for the drivers side. Got one of the guys to come in a little early to help me hang the 8' long cabinet. It's 8'long 20'' wide and 21'' tall. Edge banding over the ends of the plywood. Have not adjusted the doors yet will wait untill it is hung up for that. Will be adding electric to it with outlets, lights, and mounting the heater.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Looking good cole, are you gonna have room to walk in there after all the cabs and tools are in the trailor?

your garage looks like it could bennefit from these cabs:laughing:

·
Working
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Five star thanks
Yeah the flood and lack of space really take a tole on the little garage.
There should be enough room for tools. I hope.
There is 48" from the wall to the lower cabinet and there is 49" from the floor to the upper cabinet. That is 160cubic feet for larger tools plus the space infront of the lower cabinet where the front door is.
When you gonna throw some pics up of them installed Cole.
When they get installed!
The lower base is in but no top on it yet and the upper just finished. Haven't worked on it for several days because of the holidays.

Cole

·
Working
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Comeing to you from the jobsite!
Here they are. Installed and starting to get filled but isn't organized yet.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Yeah, you might want to look into some LED lights. They would probably last longer than you'll have the trailer and they are more efficient the colder it gets. That setup almost looks to nice to use. Great job on the cabinets.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Yeah Sweeet Cole! yout trailor actually looks bigger now that its organized!! Great job now you got me thinking to drop some coin on a tag along,
id like to see an out side pic to see the whole package and if the extra cab weight is a big factor:whistling

Great job, if you spray those cabs you maybe able to use the trailor as a cab showroom, add some granite samples:thumbsup: :laughing:

·
Working
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 · (Edited)
Thanks guys!
The lights were a on the spot thing when I bought that power strip on the hanger next to it was the socket plug for $0.50 so I grabbed 2. There are LED lights that it came with from the factory but you have to have the truck lights on for them to work.
I would like some advice on how to wire it. Do I need outdoor boxes and wire inside conduit etc..

Five star the weight is about the same. Took out the other shelfs wich were longer. Plus all the tools are out of the factory cases.
I can tell the organized trailer has allready helped save time.

There will be more work on this long weeked, kid doesn't have school thursday and friday so I will have some time again.

I figured out a way to stack the table saw and chop saw in front of the side door. The heater will then stack on top of the chop saw. Then my brake will fit under the cabinets on the drivers side.

Pic from this fall.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Cole i like it post a pic after your all done and all the tools are in, id just like to see with the weight distributed if im going to need a dual axle!
great job!

·
Contractor
4,742 Posts
Inner10, can you show a picture of your bin setup? I'm planning one section of shelves to be dedicated to bins (and fasteners). also wondering if the bin dividers are sturdy enough for contractor use.

·
improving homes
1,034 Posts
If I were you I would use metal boxes and conduit for the electrical. I like to make things as durable as possible cause it always seems that if there is anyway something can break I will find a way. Your going to be taking tools in and out and you want to make sure that all the wires are protected from any damage.

·
Working
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Cole i like it post a pic after your all done and all the tools are in, id just like to see with the weight distributed if im going to need a dual axle!
great job!
Will do.

If I were you I would use metal boxes and conduit for the electrical. I like to make things as durable as possible cause it always seems that if there is anyway something can break I will find a way. Your going to be taking tools in and out and you want to make sure that all the wires are protected from any damage.
Outdoor sealed boxes or normal metal box?

Cole

·
Working
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Was talking to the local electric supply house. He was very hard to deal with. He was very much against led's because the light they produce. They had a display of led lights. To get the same light output of the 2 current 75 wat lights. I would need a crazy amount off them. He said if I was dead set on led's a rope light setup would be best going around the perimiter and across each roof rib to get enogh light.

With that info decided against the led's from there and got these fixtures with cages over the globe. They are a lot bigger than I wanted though. I don't know what do you guys suggest? I can take the fixtures back if there is a better option. Also I wanted to be able to just plug an extension cord into the side of the trailer. He couldn't find a male plug that went into a outdoor box. Is there an option like this?

Here is what the fixture looks like.

Thanks
Cole

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
He couldn't find a male plug that went into a outdoor box. Is there an option like this?

Check a marine/boating supply for 'shore power' cord and outlet... EDIT: I guess it's called an 'inlet'

Looking good Cole!

If it wasn't so freakin cold, I'd get out there and work on mine:rolleyes:

Reactions: Cole82

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Was talking to the local electric supply house. He was very hard to deal with. He was very much against led's because the light they produce. They had a display of led lights. To get the same light output of the 2 current 75 wat lights. I would need a crazy amount off them. He said if I was dead set on led's a rope light setup would be best going around the perimiter and across each roof rib to get enogh light.

Thanks
Cole
I made a switchable circut in my trailer and mounted these

It is nice as they serve double duty both on the trailer and worksite.
Craig

21 - 40 of 139 Posts