Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,
i was thinking that maybe someone is interested in try this recept,here in Sweden is used for paint old furniture or new reproduction,interior doors,floors or trim..i actually use this on all my reproduction work..you can buy it already mixed in shops here in Sweden specialized in historical house renovation,i actually made my own because is quite simple..here is the basic recept.
1 part of raw linseed oil
1 part of water
1 egg
pigments in powder

in a glass put one egg and with a pen mark on the glass the level that the liquid reach,put the same amount of water and mix,after add the same amount of linseed oil little at the time,continuing mixing and when oil egg and water are well mixed,add the pigments of the choosen color,mix very well and with a brush you can start to paint.you must paint in very thin layer and it takes roughly 4 or five coats for having a nice result..let dry at least 24 hours between coats.you can conserve the paint at least for a week in the fridge..as a primer you can use a mix of only water and egg and sand when is dry..you can also polish the paint after 2 weeks with a DRY brush,it is a nice effect..hope helps:thumbsup:

here is a link where you can buy it already mixed..they sell everywhere in the world.

http://ovolin.jetshop.se/aggoljetempera-c-104-1.aspx

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
can you show us a picture of what the finished product looks like?
and where do you buy your pigment?
HI,
if you look on my introduction post you can see pictures of my work and there is a yellow table and chair painted with this technique..i don´t sell pigments or paint but you can click on the link that i posted,i shop there when i need something,that shop sell everything you need,even the paint already mixed,you can email them without problem and ask everything you want to know..the site is in swedish but it is not so difficult to understand,hope it helps..
http://ovolin.jetshop.se/pigment-p-51-c-121.aspx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts