Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a fully reconditioned ex-military special operations craft that I would like to trade straight across for a skid steer with loader and backhoe attachments - and possibly other equipment. The value of the boat is $40-50k.

The boat is a 24' RIB with freshly rebuilt 315hp Cummins turning a Hamilton Jet. Unique features include Stidd Special Mission Seat ($14k value), custom forward seating, radar arch, Garmin Marine Network with 10" color multi-function display, depth sounder, 36 mile radar, all new wiring, heavy duty bow post and much more. This is a one of a kind boat, and the same hull design used to set the world record for smallest powerboat to circle the world. It's located in Iowa and comes with a dual axle trailer. I've attached a couple of pictures and can forward a full description and pictures. Contact me directly at if you have an interest.
bryan

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
The manufacturer gives 31 knots as the top speed, and that's what I got during sea trials. You can expect that speed in almost any sea conditions, with quite a bit of airborne time!
bryan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's a lousy market for selling boats - been offering this one at it's typical value (I've reconditioned and sold this type of boat for years) but no takers in this economy. I don't know if the equipment market is just a soft, but I really need a skid loader with backhoe so if anyone is interested in swapping for equipment I'll drop the value of the boat from $40-50k to $30-35k. Any combination of cash and equipment would work for me. thanks for taking a look....
bryan

·
Multi-tradesman defender
390 Posts
It's a lousy market for selling boats - been offering this one at it's typical value (I've reconditioned and sold this type of boat for years) but no takers in this economy. I don't know if the equipment market is just a soft, but I really need a skid loader with backhoe so if anyone is interested in swapping for equipment I'll drop the value of the boat from $40-50k to $30-35k. Any combination of cash and equipment would work for me. thanks for taking a look....
bryan
So, is the boat now worth less than the previous value you posted since you "will drop the value?"

Or, did you mean you would drop the asking price to $30-35K for a boat that is "valued" at $40-50K?

·
Registered
910 Posts
I'll tell you what, pabble. If you can get Mr T to fab a snow plow onto that rig, I trade you straight up for this here Kubota.

The deal includes one sulky operator in lieu of backhoe.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So, is the boat now worth less than the previous value you posted since you "will drop the value?"

Or, did you mean you would drop the asking price to $30-35K for a boat that is "valued" at $40-50K?
---------------------------
the reality is that it's worth less than it would have been in a decent economy, which is the $40-50k amount. So now I've dropped my asking price to $30-35k. thanks.
bryan

1 - 15 of 15 Posts