Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Box Builder
6,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does this stuff really perform better than the tried and true method of cement board or a copper pan? Especially in the shower. Had a tile guy tell me it could be put up over drywall. that to me sounds insane.

·
Banned
3,431 Posts
I can attest to it I have been using it for 5 years now, hands down the best products I have ever used personally, I used to mud my own pans build shower niches etc.. They are proven and yes you can use Kerdi over drywall. I use easyboard then kerdi for my showers because of inspections. Cemment board is NOT waterproof, you need a product like redgard or plastic behind the CBU. Kerdi water proofing for pans in right beneath the tile not 2 inches of mud.

·
Full Service Renovations
1,318 Posts
I can attest to it I have been using it for 5 years now, hands down the best products I have ever used personally, I used to mud my own pans build shower niches etc.. They are proven and yes you can use Kerdi over drywall. I use easyboard then kerdi for my showers because of inspections. Cemment board is NOT waterproof, you need a product like redgard or plastic behind the CBU. Kerdi water proofing for pans in right beneath the tile not 2 inches of mud.
X2........ on the money!!!:thumbsup:

·
Carpe Diem
20,742 Posts
Well Ditra and Kerdi have been in use since the 80's. Try to see how many (legitimate) failures you can find listed on the internet.

Biggest concern (as with any product) is to follow the manufactures instructions. Skip a step or use a wrong material and you're asking for a failure. Follow the guidelines and no issues :thumbup:

·
Paul
4,120 Posts
Just finished hanging some Kerdi a couple of hours ago as a matter of fact. Outstanding products and support.

·
Registered
967 Posts
So what products do you sell now? Just the "traditional" ?

To date we have many documented failures and never seems to be the product it is always the installer or the setting materials.
Is this Schulters response?

·
Registered
967 Posts
I think this ProVa is a Chinese knock off of Schulter products.
There is also one being sold by Masterwholesale that seems to be a Wedi knockoff.
Prove me wrong, please.

·
Registered
967 Posts
had you done your own research instead of relying on others you would know that the ProVa-Systems are manufactured in Ontario.
Thanks, I couldn't find anything to research, I wasn't relying on anything other than appearance, all my searches on ProVa either had something to do with your Co. or the ones you had listed or some fake press release sight.
When there is no company visibility it kind of make me wonder about the product.
Anyone else heard of this product before?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.