Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:blink:Maybe or maybe not my toughest challenge yet but it's gonna be a pain.I've got a rubber roof coming up next week and it's about 33' long.The problem is that the house is brick.I've got a plan but i'd like to get a few outside opinions from pros whove done it.What do you guys think is the best way to fasten it to brick?

·
APPLIED RIGHT
383 Posts
If you are talking about parapet walls,you would use a termination bar,fastened with a Hilti gun.What exactly are you speaking of that is brick?The deck?More info,pleeeese.lol

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the whole house is brick.i was just wondering how you guys would go about attaching the term bar to a brick wall.would you use a powder accuated fastener or would you use masonry screws?the house is genuine brick and not veneers?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
good thinkin old fart.thats what ill use.i forgot about those.much appreciated and thanks for lookin.

·
Roofing Sage
3,409 Posts
:blink:Maybe or maybe not my toughest challenge yet but it's gonna be a pain.I've got a rubber roof coming up next week and it's about 33' long.The problem is that the house is brick.I've got a plan but i'd like to get a few outside opinions from pros whove done it.What do you guys think is the best way to fasten it to brick?
Like John said, but I'd use Tapcons...

Pre-Drill with slightly smaller diameter masonry bit then screw these bad boys in...

I'll post some pics of a job I did just like that...

Attachments

·
Roofing Sage
3,409 Posts
Term Bar with Tapcons:
You could leave it in beautiful stainless steel bar with blue Tapcons
or paint to match like I did just to make it disappear.

BEFORE:
Pipe Roof Brick Brickwork

AFTER:
Roof Wood Furniture

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thats a nice look. very clean and all the way up.nice work.what is that membrane?

·
Roofing Sage
3,409 Posts
thats a nice look. very clean and all the way up.nice work.what is that membrane?
Thanks.

:thumbsup:

Cold Applied SBS.

CertainTeed Flintlastic FR Cap

You lay that on and forget about it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts