$5.00.. I found a dryer for $7.00 at a yard sale. Result? My electric
bill went DOWN about $90.00 per month, and my water bill went down
$35.00. And I can't tell any difference in the wife's fussing about
cleaning a roofer's clothes than what level it was at before the great
changes.

I also sold our gas range for $250. and bought some used bricks for
$2.oo and built her a new cook range, complete with hooks, at
different heights for different temps, and cooking times. Works well
with the Dutch Oven I found unnder a house a few years back. Result??
Better tasting food, and the gas was turned off saving another $55.00
a month...

I also sold our riding mower for $475.00 and bought a nice used mower
for $.50 at a different yard sale.. Result?? I now save $35.00 in gas
a month, and the wife's figure is really starting to shape up again!
Our love life has really been re-kindled!

I felt I should share this with all my friends here so they could also adopt similar 'Green' ideas and save too.

Attachments

·
Banned
917 Posts
Thats pretty hardcore Tinner, but I have been there, aint scared to go there again though I will avoid it if possible. 10 years ago put up downpayment on 4 acres, lived in tent and washed clothes in spring, damn it was tough going for a while. Builds character :laughing:

·
Registered
960 Posts
Thats pretty hardcore Tinner, but I have been there, aint scared to go there again though I will avoid it if possible. 10 years ago put up downpayment on 4 acres, lived in tent and washed clothes in spring, damn it was tough going for a while. Builds character :laughing:
Did you have a spring-house or just a straight groundwater spring? Gotta love July watermelon kept in the spring-house overnight. mmm-mm

·
Banned
917 Posts
Did you have a spring-house or just a straight groundwater spring? Gotta love July watermelon kept in the spring-house overnight. mmm-mm
Just a spring, 4 acres dirt and trees, Appalachian mountains though. Started over with nothing, first job I could find at a labor place, $8hr. Contractor hired me at $12hr, six years later after quitting 6 him times $50hr plus $75hr at times!!! Never ever f**king give up tinner, you cant lose if you dont give up.

·
Banned
917 Posts
Did i just walk into Mayberry county?
I'll tell you what, there is some of the finest moonshine known to man made in those mountians, paid more for it than commercial liquor. Had a guy selling me clear blackberry shine (in season), $25 a quart, hands down the best stuff I ever drank. Smooth as silk and hit you like a train.

·
Professional Instigator
6,872 Posts
I'll tell you what, there is some of the finest moonshine known to man made in those mountians, paid more for it than commercial liquor. Had a guy selling me clear blackberry shine (in season), $25 a quart, hands down the best stuff I ever drank. Smooth as silk and hit you like a train.
Had a small dose of some shine in South Carolina 2 years back. I thought I was a drinker, stuff put me down like the 2 dolla punk I did not know where I was

·
Banned
917 Posts
Had a small dose of some shine in South Carolina 2 years back. I thought I was a drinker, stuff put me down like the 2 dolla punk I did not know I was
One swig to get the party started then no more, two swigs if you're a crazy mutha, three swigs and next thing you know its 9am and youre laying around in the yard somewhere.

·
Curmudgeon
11,706 Posts
You guys haven't even seen one of
Tinner's bathroom make overs yet! :clap:

·
Century Man
134 Posts
I was able to score some peach jack made in Page County VA. I took it home and my wife poured a little in a saucer and put a match to it. She said "look at that blue flame, this must be really good." Was it ever. You could only sip it on a cold night as it would warm you to your toes.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I acquired a jar of strawberry shine a couple years ago. almost as smooth as water but put your dick in the dirt in a hurry. I've tried the rock gut rusted barrel shine a few times but dont care for it.
I know a few folks that make it but seldom find any as smooth as the strawberry.

·
ampman
783 Posts
i started out this way so living this way will not bother me

·
Registered
42 Posts
had some barley poitin ,and potato poitin still drunk two days later ,made the mistake of drinking water the following morning,OOOOOOOOO! the pain

1 - 20 of 23 Posts