Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 3172 Posts

·
Registered
11,926 Posts
Had to look at the CO helmet law same as Indiana, 18 and under, checked FL law---under 21.

I never wore a brain bucket, on a while bike, unless on a track which required it. Don't recall my wife ever wearing a brain bucket either while she was on the back of the bike.

Tom

·
GC/carpenter
40,543 Posts
I was hit head on (hit and run) I flew out of my helmet and shoes. Broke both feet and was blind in the trauma center for about 4 hours after I woke up from a concussion. I'm a strong believer in helmets.

Mike.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
44,200 Posts
I had them chase me on my bike through 6 towns. I asked if they had my plate, nope.

·
Registered
11,192 Posts
So a meteor hits in northern Florida and is captured on film.

Do they know where it landed?

So surprised this is more frequent and never in populated places

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
And then there was the time my roommate came tearing around the corner on his sport bike into our culdesac and on into the open garage screaming "shut the door!" "Shut the door! "
And ten seconds later a handful of cop cars go screaming past the culdesac lights blazing and sirens wailing.
Oh to be young again.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
44,200 Posts
I always stopped, be it in one of the cars or one of the bikes, never wanted to be responsible for them if something went wrong.

Tom
If that didn't happen my dad wouldn't have 2 grandsons and a great grandson.

·
Registered
11,926 Posts
If that didn't happen my dad wouldn't have 2 grandsons and a great grandson.
I assume your dad would have killed you?

There is no death penalty for speeding, even triple digits over the posted speed limit.....(be it on a bike or in a car)

Tom

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
44,200 Posts
No. Lost my license for 13 months. Had to get a job where my mom worked because I had no transportation. I worked in meat processing at the grocery store she worked at.

Since I only made $45/wk I spent it on 3 CDs at the music store in the same parking lot.

One day my, the girl who would become my wife saw me coming out of the music store and she said to herself he was a nice guy.

We started dating, moved in together, got married, moved into our new house, had 2 kids and they've grown up to be fine gentlemen. One of them married and has a boy of his own.

If it weren't for that chase, I don't think I'd be where I am now.

·
Registered
11,926 Posts
No. Lost my license for 13 months. Had to get a job where my mom worked because I had no transportation. I worked in meat processing at the grocery store she worked at.

Since I only made $45/wk I spent it on 3 CDs at the music store in the same parking lot.

One day my, the girl who would become my wife saw me coming out of the music store and she said to herself he was a nice guy.

We started dating, moved in together, got married, moved into our new house, had 2 kids and they've grown up to be fine gentlemen. One of them married and has a boy of his own.

If it weren't for that chase, I don't think I'd be where I am now.
Weird how things work out.

Never had my license suspended, spent some time locked up, paid the 5K bond, forfeited it as part of the "conviction". Twice....

My fiancé (now wife) never complained about any of this, even when she was a passenger (she's great on the back of a bike, always neutral) until about 5 years ago. She told me she's not comfortable over 120 anymore. Brought a tear to my eye knowing my "girl" was gone forever.....

Tom

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
44,200 Posts
They wanted my bike. Judge said I was a menace to society when I was on it. Never bothered anyone til they chased me. :laughing:

Needless to say I got my bike back and continued riding it for years until I had my first kid. After that I stopped. It certainly wasn't me I was afraid of. It was the idiots who "don't see" motorcycles and drive in front of them.

·
Registered
11,926 Posts
They wanted my bike. Judge said I was a menace to society when I was on it. Never bothered anyone til they chased me. :laughing:

Needless to say I got my bike back and continued riding it for years until I had my first kid. After that I stopped. It certainly wasn't me I was afraid of. It was the idiots who "don't see" motorcycles and drive in front of them.
We had places where we were pretty much left alone. It was the to and from that always got me...

The didn't have seizure/forfeiture laws back in my day.

I got on the bike one day, fired it, a voice in my head said if you go for this ride you're not coming home, had the wife and first child by then, shut the bike off, haven't been on one since it was early October of '78.

Tom

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
44,200 Posts
The charge was changing lanes without a blinker.

I used my blinker, I always used my blinker. Only reason I got caught was because I was on the wrong side of the river. If I was in my area I had escape routes that cars couldn't get through.

Only way to get back to my area was going over a 2 mile long bridge. Even at 120mph it would take a full minute to get across. The other side of the bridge always had a few cops within that time. I got caught in a dead end without a sign. Sucked.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
44,200 Posts
Never owned an 8 track player. I used them plenty, mostly in a car. Had plenty of vinyl and by the time I was about 20 CDs started coming out. About $15/ea

41 - 60 of 3172 Posts