Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

3241 - 3260 of 3348 Posts

·
Registered
11,376 Posts
My phone is so beat up that it does it's own thing sometimes. The keyboard makes suggestions or prevents me from deleting the typos. So I let it go if it's close.

Today. Crossed a line. I glance at my phone in my pouch and apparently I sent hearts, kisses and arrows to my HVAC guy. Lol
Well, if he gives you a really good deal on your next system...

Also, that is much better than telling a customer over the phone you love them...

Reactions: Tom M

·
Registered
11,350 Posts
They are taking cash out of the economy at a faster rate. A month or two ago I mentioned that the tolls on the highway travel were jacked up to a high amount of change when easily a token could have replaced it.
Instead of $0.75 tolls now we have 95 cents or $1.90 on the parkway.

it reinforces my position of cashless society and the dangers of that which people do not realize.

There will always be somebody angling to beat the system or have an advantage where will it come from.
Just like we have burner phones I would expect we'd end up with berner IDs or bernerd debit cards preloaded with money of a person that don't exist.

What would be the next step after that a barcode and a tattoo that can't be replicated on everybody's arm think about it.

Somebody has to stop the push for cashless.

·
Registered
11,350 Posts
So my phone is pretty beat up and I went to the Verizon store to look at my options of replacing.

My goal was to keep the cost about the same since I don't use the phone for anything fancy and the latest technology of the cheapest phone is better than the technology I have two years ago.

Talking about cashless, talking about covered tracing and everything else with tracking the first thing they asked me was to allow them access to the phone using my government approved ID.
That struck me as very odd government approved ID?

·
Pro
3,537 Posts
So my phone is pretty beat up and I went to the Verizon store to look at my options of replacing.

My goal was to keep the cost about the same since I don't use the phone for anything fancy and the latest technology of the cheapest phone is better than the technology I have two years ago.

Talking about cashless, talking about covered tracing and everything else with tracking the first thing they asked me was to allow them access to the phone using my government approved ID.
Why do you need my government ID, I don't need that to vote.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,366 Posts

verizon owns huffpost.

·
Administrator
Community Manager
5,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,256
Hearing of more lockdowns on the way. If they lock down the trailheads again. I am gonna be growling.

·
Administrator
Community Manager
5,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,258
Thought Texas was totally opened like Florida is.
We still have limitations such as how many people can be in a restaurant, etc.

Currently, our county judge is fighting with our governor who says no further lockdowns. The judge wants to lock back down.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
45,332 Posts
Who cares what the judge says. No authority to make law, regulation or change legislation. The governor can tell him to stuff it.

3241 - 3260 of 3348 Posts